The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

He shall be at the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust meeting on Thursday 18th starting at 7.30pm in the stadium and wont be able to avoid awkward questions there.
What happened to his review after the 1st quarter does it mean he finds 1 win 1 draw and 12 losses an acceptable record to have

Do the board find it acceptable

19 hours ago, an86 said:

You’d better see off Formartine. I want him in charge a week on Saturday!

Wouldn't bet on it. The way things are going we could get seen off by Formartine and he will be in charge. Our current board of directors is run like a church committee.

As an aside I think Paul Martin fell out with the Advertiser and stopped interviews, but at least he had the players to back him up on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Wouldn't bet on it. The way things are going we could get seen off by Formartine and he will be in charge. Our current board of directors is run like a church committee.

As an aside I think Paul Martin fell out with the Advertiser and stopped interviews, but at least he had the players to back him up on the pitch.

You mean they do a lot of praying, quote the bible and there's always one of them taking umbrage and resigning?

4 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Our current board of directors is run like a church committee.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You mean they do a lot of praying, quote the bible and there's always one of them taking umbrage and resigning?

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

Good one, but I was meaning more skirting about the issues for fear of offending anyone.

What sort of wishy washy church committee is that???

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
On 17 October 2018 at 14:49, roy of the rovers said:
He shall be at the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust meeting on Thursday 18th starting at 7.30pm in the stadium and wont be able to avoid awkward questions there.

How did this go?? Any fireworks??

Going by the messageboard both Chairman and Manager have heads firmly in the sand. There is a suggestion that the Board cannot sack him as honouring contracts is not affordable and doesn't look as if Brogan will walk. 

Will be interesting cup game tomorrow as Rovers take on a mid table HL side - will be a goid guage as how they would fair against a handy Cove team although we all know the answer.

On 19/09/2018 at 11:04, Chris_the_rover said:
On 16/09/2018 at 15:48, Yoda8 said:
Ian Murray declined once budget was mentioned , I believe there was another contender who was a rookie in manager terms but had been working within the senior game for several years who wanted job.  The board went for experience in Brogan which makes me ask, why do clubs always want experience even if the experience is bad???
Surely someone looked at his jnr record and said if he’s that good why has he not been given a top junior job ever??

Ian Murray wanted it but had to give 30 days notice to his current club he is with in Norway from what i hear as he is still contracted

Are Airdrie having to wait 30 days Chris? 

13 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would say Formartine are a lot better than a mid table HL side. They are not far behind Cove in ability terms with some useful players.

While the first bit may be true they are a long way behind Cove.

13 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I would say Formartine are a lot better than a mid table HL side. They are not far behind Cove in ability terms with some useful players.

You could well be right. I was looking at their current league position which would suggest they score goals and ship goals.

2 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Are Airdrie having to wait 30 days Chris? 

I have might doubts if the appointment of Ian Murray was ever on - how we could afford to pay his wages alone I just don't know. Anyway how on earth do you go from Ian Murray to appointing John Brogan?

58 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

I have might doubts if the appointment of Ian Murray was ever on - how we could afford to pay his wages alone I just don't know. Anyway how on earth do you go from Ian Murray to appointing John Brogan?

He was interested until found out budget , did interview via videocall & said thanks but no thanks .

chris disputes this version of events though. 

Train up to Montrose was cancelled so went to the Foremartine game instead. Rovers are in a desperate way. A well-deserved win for United in the end even if Rovers got slightly more into the game in the 2nd half. They could still be playing now though and still wouldn't have scored. Rovers looked as if they had no idea what to do with the ball either. No running off the ball and meaningless possession any time they had the ball for most of the game. Don't think they won a 2nd ball all game either. If you didn't already know you would have thought Foremartine were the league team and the Rovers the non-league team. Rovers just didn't look up for it at all.

I'm not surprised at all Brogan is away now. His appointment was a total farce in the first place and serious questions need to be asked of those who appointed him. I wouldn't go beyond asking for some resignations if you have enough bodies to be able to keep the club going without them. 

I'm not sure there's much any manager could do with the players Brogan has signed. They're honest and try their best I'm sure but they were totally outplayed by an average Highland League team and are clearly out of their depth. If there's no scope for bringing in players in January I'd be getting someone in to get the team organised for the playoffs NOW. Having said that you're not actually that far off Berwick and Stirling so if you can bring in the right man and he can organise you well enough, you could be able to catch them. Although they'll obviously be bringing in their own new managers too.

Edited by airdrieman

Now the Airdrie job is filled attention switches down the road, as the managerial merry-go-round continues. 

Obviously the person coming in is going to be determined to a large extent by the the salary on offer.  They are also left with a very tough job, with little budget to improve the squad.

So who are the favourites for you guys?  What do you think of the following?

(I'm not sure they'd all be in your budget, or you'd want any of them!)....  Allan Moore (Assistant Mgr at Clyde), Stevie Aitken, Tom Courts (recently left Kelty), Tony McInally (recently left Pollok), Kevin McBride, Sandy Stewart, Jim Chapman.