The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

On 28/05/2023 at 14:42, LongTimeLurker said:

Really? Name one former Lanarkshire (traditional boundaries minus Glasgow) ex-junior club people are screaming that about at the moment. Beyond Clydebank and Pollok, the former west region clubs that are by far the most likely to be heading towards the SPFL in the years are pretty much all in Ayrshire. There was a time when Cambuslang Rangers, Baillieston, Blantyre Vics and Larkhall Thistle would probably have been part of that sort of conversation if the pyramid had been introduced a few decades earlier but not nowadays. I doubt it would have been any different for Albion Rovers, if they had been a junior club. Just way too easy to get to Ibrox and Parkhead.

You seem to miss the point.

When potential is discussed on here it is clubs from large towns who attract crowds of a few hundred with stadiums similar to cliftonhill that are put forward. 

On 26/05/2023 at 10:02, welshbairn said:

International group of investors my arse, the website looks like it was put together by some Walter Mitty in an old folks home. 

https://www.shamrockroverscoatbridge.com/

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the plan.  Move to Glenboig / Gartcairn; sell Cliftonhill; throw hands up in mock horror when the 10,000 stadium fails to get planning permission or local authority funding; sneak off with the cash. 

On 31/05/2023 at 07:27, Hampden Diehard said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the plan.  Move to Glenboig / Gartcairn; sell Cliftonhill; throw hands up in mock horror when the 10,000 stadium fails to get planning permission or local authority funding; sneak off with the cash. 

It is a fake news story promoted by the Daily Record on the basis of their sectarian tendencies when writing about football. Simple as that. Next!

3 hours ago, Shawheadrover said:

It is a fake news story promoted by the Daily Record on the basis of their sectarian tendencies when writing about football. Simple as that. Next!

Not really 'fake news' when it's reporting on someone outlining their idea. However idiotic that idea is.

'Fake news' would be if it was just totally made up. Which it isn't.

23 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Not really 'fake news' when it's reporting on someone outlining their idea. However idiotic that idea is.

I'm taking over Real Madrid and relocating them to Shotts. It's only a matter of time, and the Real Directors will see sense soon. 

On 03/06/2023 at 10:22, Jan Vojáček said:

I have re-named Benburb FC 'Govan true-blue Athletic 1690' and demanded the resignation of their entire board. I expect full press coverage to reflect the heritage of the Govan area.

Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge, what an absolute load of shite. I was just thinking to myself the other day, what West Scotland lacks is a team with Irish roots they can get behind. If this idea is genuine he’s been taking far too many disco-biscuits there’s already Celtic, Hibs and loosely Dundee Utd covering Scots with Irish roots. Where the hell would a support for Shamrock Rovers Coatbridge be coming from. Certainly not Coatbridge as it’s absolutely rammed full of Celtic fans and the few Albion Rovers fans would either chuck it or start a phoenix club. 

49 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

I have re-named Benburb FC 'Govan true-blue Athletic 1690' and demanded the resignation of their entire board. I expect full press coverage to reflect the heritage of the Govan area.

Put your name and face to it. Show a reporter your business plan and I'm sure you'll get your 250 word pic story in the Evening Times.

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Serious question for Albion Rovers fans.......

where do you expect to finish in the Lowland League table ?

"We anticipate being top of the table, on alphabetical order, when the fixtures are announced, at least until the first round of matches"

😜

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Serious question for Albion Rovers fans.......

where do you expect to finish in the Lowland League table ?

Not sure it’s a question that can be answered until the playing squad is finalised. If they had the same squad as last season then the would absolutely be top 4 at least. They are the best team to be relegated into the LL from league 2. However I’m not sure how much of their squad will still be there at the start of the season. 

9 hours ago, Shawheadrover said:

Knows hee haw about the history of Benburb FC

16 hours ago, Shawheadrover said:

There are suggestions the Bens were started by immigrants from the town of same name in Tyrone. True Blue not correct if this is the case.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Knows hee haw about the history of Benburb FC

Hadnt read yours before replying. Govanhill I  believe. Don't know when they planted in Drumonye think they had a few flits before securing that piece of land for Asda.