The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Surely not. I wouldnt let a relegation allow the asset strippers to take over.

I’d say the lowland league isnt all that bad a place for Albion Rovers and on its own still have great potential.

The only way should be up

Hope the people of coatbridge get behind the club now.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I can’t believe that story has made print. 

I can. It's a nice easy 'frighten the horses' type story, with some renta-quote on hand to give it some 'credence' in between knocking up a howling badge on his ZX Spectrum.

Thankfully, the same Rovers share structure that makes new investment from those with better intentions almost impossible, has seen the death of this too.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think the only thing you need to consider is the quality of that rebranded badge to see how successful that will be.

image.png.91d0c65fd48a747673eba35a95c0c488.pngGraphic-Design-Is-My-Passion.webp.632ae6c3541f24c2552b38f78e4900c1.webp

F*ck me ragged. About the only thing right with that badge is the blast furnace from the Coatbridge coat of arms

coatbridge.jpg.a03f658c41305c89c8e72952b26f9a6c.jpg

Shamrock Rovers- that's even more tinpot than FC Edinburgh

All kinda sad the way it ended.

Leaving aside this joke story from the Daily Record, even the most die hard Rovers knows they ain't ever coming back.

Can they face the joys of post industrial Scotland village teams or rundown inner city Glasgow going forward in the Wosfl.

Mon the Juniors.

Edited by PossilYM

On 27/05/2023 at 10:50, The clean living guy said:

If Albion Rovers had been a ex junior side folk would be screaming about the potential. 

From a large town.

A traditional type of ground. 

Crowds larger than all but a few of the top junior sides. 

Because they are going the wrong way they are some how dead wood.

I'm sure Albion Rovers will find a way to survive and hopefully make it back up. Scottish football needs the el Buckfastico Derby.

Shamrock Rovers 😀

On 27/05/2023 at 10:50, The clean living guy said:

If Albion Rovers had been a ex junior side folk would be screaming about the potential. 

From a large town.

A traditional type of ground. 

Crowds larger than all but a few of the top junior sides. 

Because they are going the wrong way they are some how dead wood.

I'm sure Albion Rovers will find a way to survive and hopefully make it back up. Scottish football needs the el Buckfastico Derby.

There is zero potential, the biggest hot bed of Celtic support

On 27/05/2023 at 11:50, The clean living guy said:

If Albion Rovers had been a ex junior side folk would be screaming about the potential....

Really? Name one former Lanarkshire (traditional boundaries minus Glasgow) ex-junior club people are screaming that about at the moment. Beyond Clydebank and Pollok, the former west region clubs that are by far the most likely to be heading towards the SPFL in the years are pretty much all in Ayrshire. There was a time when Cambuslang Rangers, Baillieston, Blantyre Vics and Larkhall Thistle would probably have been part of that sort of conversation if the pyramid had been introduced a few decades earlier but not nowadays. I doubt it would have been any different for Albion Rovers, if they had been a junior club. Just way too easy to get to Ibrox and Parkhead.