The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

You've got my support as well, think I might actually come along to the second leg. Really hope Rovers stay up!

I’m down glasgow way next week. Might also take this in. Nae time for those Edinburgh sports center teams 

18 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Really? We were awful and Spartans seem to know how to stop us playing (fair play to them for that).

I have a really bad feeling that we might be fcuked! 

At the time I posted, it was 1-0 Albion

38 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I’m down glasgow way next week. Might also take this in. Nae time for those Edinburgh sports center teams 

Have a red card for living up to your name and being a tit.

Nobody need worry about Rovers dropping out the league.

Home form will see a comfortable win next Saturday.

The Spartans have nothing up front to trouble Albion and don't look quite good enough to win.

Hope you do the business next week. Would have came to the game if we weren’t in the play-offs, or would have even same to see the first-half had we been at home. But alas, all the best! Would be a real shame to lose Rovers and Cliftonhill from an Airdrieonians and Scottish football point of view. Better yourselves in the League than any Colts scabs also 💛❤️

On 13/05/2023 at 12:35, C_titz said:

They have their own stadium, with a second full size astro next to it.  

The sports centre beyond that is nothing at all to do with the club, it’s a council facility. 

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The sports centre beyond that is nothing at all to do with the club, it’s a council facility...

...as is Ainslie Park. Like New Meadowbank the Council have a stake in it. Fortunately for Spartans they didn't use the same architect!

On 15/05/2023 at 21:19, Cowdenleith said:

They have their own stadium, with a second full size astro next to it.  

The sports centre beyond that is nothing at all to do with the club, it’s a council facility. 

It’s still a shite sport center atmosphere. Give me cliftonhill over that shite all day long 

7 hours ago, C_titz said:

It’s still a shite sport center atmosphere. Give me cliftonhill over that shite all day long 

I agree on Cliftonhill, love the place, but that’s not really a fair comparison given it’s an atmospheric old stadium.

Spartans ground is fine though, you could watch from three sides of the ground, four now that they have a new wee stand on the dugouts side of the ground.  It does have a bit of a sleepy atmosphere when there is a small crowd.