The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

On 23/11/2022 at 11:43, teekasule said:

I'd say he's probably better than Kelty. How's our X striker Doherty getting on ? Glad to hear we got some ££ for him !

You want him back 😂😂, personally I think when he’s played he’s offered very little to be honest , still young but LL player imo , heard good things about Reilly though and seems to know where the net is , good find 👌🏼👌🏼

On 24/11/2022 at 20:03, Kelheart said:

You want him back 😂😂, personally I think when he’s played he’s offered very little to be honest , still young but LL player imo , heard good things about Reilly though and seems to know where the net is , good find 👌🏼👌🏼

he actually went down to train with QPR last season ! probably would take him back tbh. We've very little up front - he did score 4 in one game once ( v st mirren B ) Charlie needs to stay with us until the end of the season ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Reilly any good?

With the right coaching and a bit of time he'll be an excellent player in the Championship imo based on what I've seen. Very positive, strong and quick. He's skilful and keen to take players on. And he can strike a ball absolutely ferociously.

Again, only based on what I've seen, he maybe burns himself out by about the 70th minute. But fitness is an easy thing to build up, especially at a full-time club.

Yes, been involved in 20 goals in 21 league games, scoring 13 assisting 7

Prone to throwing a tantrum but a good young player,

Dundee have been watching him for a while along with kilmarnock and Queens park, he has been training with Killie regularly over the last couple months

Gordon Strachan was at the game at the weekend watching him,

I believe he might have been told if he is sold in January he will be back on loan till the end of the season

Edited by Chris_the_rover

• 1 month later...

Congrats today, Vers. Reilly and Bevan are players. You lot will be fine this season. I suspect league position is temporary here. You've given Sons a tough game twice and a hammering today. A solid side you have there. I've seen every team in the league several times and aside from Hester you look far better than Elgin and miles ahead of Bonnyrigg. Stranraer maybe aren't terrible, they're tough opponents, but Rovers to finish above them and Elgin if they pick up some consistent form.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Good luck tonight and Saturday. You don't want to join us down in the LL.

A win for Rovers tonight would give them a huge psychological advantage before the showdown with Bonnyrigg on Saturday. And put huge pressure on Rose to win at the weekend, or at the absolute minimum not to lose the game.