The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

37 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Stunned to see that Harry Stone has signed for you, thought Cammy Binnie was doing well?

I've seen Cammy Binnie in the flesh twice this season and he's been responsible for the concession of three goals. He's capable to making good saves and commanding his area but he's been a shambles against Stenhousemuir this year!

Stunned to see that Harry Stone has signed for you, thought Cammy Binnie was doing well?
He was, as I've commented several times this season he has saved 6 out of 7 pens against us,

He has cost a couple of goals ..

I think it's more that stone became available, rovers were desperate for him at the start of the season but had no chance to get him,

The fact he became available and both he and hearts wanted him to goto rovers was I suppose too good to turn down

As much as I like binnie, stone is a top up and coming keeper,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Hard fought point for Rovers last night but ….. it’s a game Rovers should’ve won. Fair play to Kelty who kept two up front after the sending off.

Aye you should’ve had us if it wasn’t for Jamieson 

Did same against Annan when sown to ten in fact brought another striker on , got pumped 5-1 that time but fair play to KT he still goes for it 

Another welcome point when not at it 

Although it looks much less likely these games will be critical to Rovers than when they were arranged we have heavily subsidised buses going to our final 2 away matches of the season. 

The subsidy is coming from the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust.

Stenhousemuir - Saturday 16th April

Time:- 1.30pm - St. Andrews Bar, corner of Baird Street and Sunnyside Road
Price:- £2.00 - For Everyone

Cowdenbeath - Saturday 30th April

Time:- 1.00pm - St. Andrews Bar, corner of Baird Street and Sunnyside Road

If you wish to reserve a seat on the bus please indicate this on the following linked message

https://arfc.proboards.com/post/30011/thread

15 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Although it looks much less likely these games will be critical to Rovers than when they were arranged we have heavily subsidised buses going to our final 2 away matches of the season. 

The subsidy is coming from the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust.

Stenhousemuir - Saturday 16th April

Time:- 1.30pm - St. Andrews Bar, corner of Baird Street and Sunnyside Road

Cowdenbeath - Saturday 30th April

Time:- 1.00pm - St. Andrews Bar, corner of Baird Street and Sunnyside Road

If you wish to reserve a seat on the bus please indicate this on the following linked message

https://arfc.proboards.com/post/30011/thread

Nice touch that!

Looking like you will survive the dreaded play off this season couple more wins should see you over the line good going for a club with probably one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Nice touch that!
Looking like you will survive the dreaded play off this season couple more wins should see you over the line good going for a club with probably one of the lowest budgets in the league.
I think we are over the line already, I can't see Cowden winning 4 out their last 6 to catch us

• 3 weeks later...

Popping this on here just in the off chance someone can help. Put similar on the Airdrie thread last week and was helped out very kindly. I am currently trying to collect a club scarf from each club in Scotland for a display in my son's room. Ideally I am looking for a scarf that has the name of the team across the middle (many now seem to be plain stripes with a club emblem either side). I have been struggling to find one for Albion Rovers with the online club shop offering not stocking one. If anyone on here at all has a spare scarf that they would be willing to sell to me or knows how I might find one then please PM me. Thanks in advance for any help!