The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

howdy folks, just got my half season ticket, should i expect an email w an access code for the matches that have been uploaded to ARTV?

You should receive one for each home match for the rest of the season. They change each time and don’t allow access to games you didn’t get a code for.

5 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Meh,

He struggled to get in the squad, and had been out injured a few times

won't be a massive loss unfortunately but won't leave with any hard feelings

Agree, he started promisingly then got injured, came back and then got injured again and struggled to get back into the side. It just wasn’t to be and it’s hard to argue against Fagan/McGowan being the first pick in central defence at the moment. Good  luck to the big man anyway.

Agree, he started promisingly then got injured, came back and then got injured again and struggled to get back into the side. It just wasn’t to be and it’s hard to argue against Fagan/McGowan being the first pick in central defence at the moment. Good  luck to the big man anyway.

fair, “just wasn’t to be” sounds appropriate.

how do you think that leaves the centre half dept now? obviously you said Fagan/McGowan are first pick - is Alfie Robinson alone enough backup? has Adam Fernie shown that he can slot in there?

1 hour ago, j217 said:

fair, “just wasn’t to be” sounds appropriate.

how do you think that leaves the centre half dept now? obviously you said Fagan/McGowan are first pick - is Alfie Robinson alone enough backup? has Adam Fernie shown that he can slot in there?

Probably need another centre half as cover I would say. We’ve been needing a left back since the start of the season but young Fernie has risen to the challenge. I’m not sure how easy it is to get a recognised LB at this stage of-the season tbh.

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We struggled to get a left back at the start of the season and have had a noticeable lack of cover there all year

I'm interested to hear the story as to why Aldin is away

I’m not sure if there is much in it tbh. My guess is that he didn’t see getting back into the first team straight away. In the end I’m a firm believer if a player does not wish to play for the club it’s better for both parties that he leaves- also best for both parties during the transfer window rather than during the season.

I’m not sure if there is much in it tbh. My guess is that he didn’t see getting back into the first team straight away. In the end I’m a firm believer if a player does not wish to play for the club it’s better for both parties that he leaves- also best for both parties during the transfer window rather than during the season.
Not quite sure about that

Rovers have signed ex Cowdenbeath and Alloa midfielder Blair Malcolm from East Kilbride

Also looking to get another 3/4 players in

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-boss-delighted-net-25842654

14 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Probably need another centre half as cover I would say. We’ve been needing a left back since the start of the season but young Fernie has risen to the challenge. I’m not sure how easy it is to get a recognised LB at this stage of-the season tbh.

Blair Malcolm can play left back. Looks like he's been signed as a central midfielder but played multiple positions for us - think he actually arrived on loan from Ross County as a left back.

9 minutes ago, nugs said:

Malcom had limited number of appearances for Alloa in the Championship last season. I rated him when he played and would have retained him. Plays mainly at left back

I liked him at Cowden maybe just too big a jump to the Championship.

2 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Not quite sure about that

Rovers have signed ex Cowdenbeath and Alloa midfielder Blair Malcolm from East Kilbride

Also looking to get another 3/4 players in

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-boss-delighted-net-25842654

You’ll probably know more behind the scenes info than what I do. We move on …. The new guy sounds like a promising signing.

Blair Malcolm can play left back. Looks like he's been signed as a central midfielder but played multiple positions for us - think he actually arrived on loan from Ross County as a left back.

how did the transition to centre mid come about?