The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

2 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

I second this . No paying a tenner for one of those efforts like we had

I did, it’s not great but better than ours. Commentator getting drowned out by “c’mon the Forfar”, I don’t know who is but I wish he’d STFU.

Guest mr_malcolm
I did, it’s not great but better than ours. Commentator getting drowned out by “c’mon the Forfar”, I don’t know who is but I wish he’d STFU.

Bought it too. Cmoooonnn forfar . Cmoooon pj

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, teekasule said:

had a chuckle when, at Cliftonhill they were singing "Sh&G yoooor wimin and drink yoooor beer " ha ha

At Ainslie Park they were signing stick your public schools up your arse😀

Inagine all the bairns in Pilton go to Stew Mel.

9 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

I never agree with that. I believe Partick Thistle did, or do, something similar. There should always be some charge, even if it's a quid. People don't tend to value things that are free, IMHO.

Nah, see I agree with the idea and ways around it. Kids are more interested in the ugly sisters of Glasgow, so why not get them involved at a lower level and you’ll have supporters for years. Free today, £180+ a year per adult in 10 years time, sustainable model doesn’t mean gained commerce from day one, speculative accumulation is also key.

How likely are Rovers to get 500 fans during current restrictions?

Celtic obviously can’t have fans at the moment and my ‘non-league’ team is on their winter break so looking to get my football fix! Would rather go watch another local side than sit in the house and watch fitbaw on the tele. 

1 hour ago, candycelt said:

How likely are Rovers to get 500 fans during current restrictions?

Only Kelty Hearts need to worry about that

45 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Due to the layout of Cliftonhill we can’t fit in 500 with the 1m spacing. I think a high 300 to very low 400 would be the most we would be allowed.

It's a real shame. Cliftonhill could be a great stadium if only they had the finances to renovate the North terracing.

11 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Due to the layout of Cliftonhill we can’t fit in 500 with the 1m spacing. I think a high 300 to very low 400 would be the most we would be allowed.

Do you think I’ll be able to get to a few games then? Will PATG still be an option?

4 hours ago, candycelt said:

Do you think I’ll be able to get to a few games then? Will PATG still be an option?

the club have still to publish the options for the games in the new year. But the match on Sunday is PATG as no restrictions. 

If you keep an eye on the Rovers Twitter feed its really good with upto date news. 

They've now confirmed that there are indeed restrictions at Cliftonhill. PATG is available, there is a maximum crowd of 400 (unlikely to be an issue for a match v Stranraer) and masks to be worn when moving about. Also 1 metre distancing in queue to get in or at pie shop etc. and if sitting in stand to pick a seat with with a green spot on it to ensure distancing.

Edited by roy of the rovers