The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The attitude seems to have changed up there now, but you wouldn't know it from watching the play offs v Kelty this year! Pumped Hearts out of the Cup and then just didn't turn up.

We’re a dab hand at avoiding promotion ourselves truth be told. In fairness Brora will be favourites for this game and would be no shock to see us exit the cup early. Seen it all before- Inverness Caledonian, Whitehill Welfare, Deveronvale, Sunnybank and of course Buckie last season.

3 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Gives us plenty of time to read up on how to “avoid” promotion 🤣🤣

HIGHLAND champions Brora Rangers last night insisted they will try to get through the SPFL Pyramid Play-Off at the end of the season – despite having no desire to play senior football next term.

Brora president John Young claims they have done all they can to AVOID having to compete in the
 play-offs but have been told they must take on Lowland League winners 
Edinburgh City in the first shoot-out.

Mutton molesting Twats were quite happy to beat us as well, taking delight in it, before losing to a bloody awful Paul Hegarty managed Montrose.

Fair play to the Mo, they've kicked on well since then

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

We’re a dab hand at avoiding promotion ourselves truth be told. In fairness Brora will be favourites for this game and would be no shock to see us exit the cup early. Seen it all before- Inverness Caledonian, Whitehill Welfare, Deveronvale, Sunnybank and of course Buckie last season.

Tbf I think your manager dropped the Brora bit as an aside during a wide ranging interview about his plans for the season, and of course the Record jumped on it for clickbait, ignoring everything else.

I was under the impression that the person had been identified on Saturday night? 
I'm not 100% sure of the specifics and am happy to be corrected, but as I understand it the Coatbridge Boys tweeted from their account (which has now been set to private) and confirmed that the person was one of their members and they had now removed him from the group.

What I've seen on social media suggests that they haven't given the name of the offender to the club however, and they would presumably be looking to take action against them. Seems as though this ban is just a means of encouraging the group to identify the man who abused Nathan Austin

7 hours ago, McGuire said:

I'm not 100% sure of the specifics and am happy to be corrected, but as I understand it the Coatbridge Boys tweeted from their account (which has now been set to private) and confirmed that the person was one of their members and they had now removed him from the group.

What I've seen on social media suggests that they haven't given the name of the offender to the club however, and they would presumably be looking to take action against them. Seems as though this ban is just a means of encouraging the group to identify the man who abused Nathan Austin

Are The Rovers next few games not away from home any way? I hope it is dealt with and the group are allowed back. I'm sure the club could be doing with their support. 

Are The Rovers next few games not away from home any way? I hope it is dealt with and the group are allowed back. I'm sure the club could be doing with their support. 
6 out the next 7 are away, with the home game v elgin the only home game between now and 13th November,

As was pointed out on the rovers messageboard they are in every corner of the country too

Forfar away
Stranraer away
Cove away
Elgin home
Brora away
Stenhousemuir away
Edinburgh away

11 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

6 out the next 7 are away, with the home game v elgin the only home game between now and 13th November,

As was pointed out on the rovers messageboard they are in every corner of the country too

Forfar away
Stranraer away
Cove away
Elgin home
Brora away
Stenhousemuir away
Edinburgh away

The Ed City game is pencilled in as our return to Meadowbank so you'll be surrounded by ground hopping wankers all wanting a team sheet for nothing.

On 19/09/2021 at 17:03, Vodka Vic said:

I hate to say it, but as soon as I heard the draw my head sank. Besides Kelty it's possibly the hardest games there is.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Scotspikey said:

Good win on Saturday, looking forward to the Stirling Albion game now.

Hold your horses pal , we have Edinburgh and Stenny to play before taking on Stirling at the San Siro. Very tough but absolutely massive games.

• 4 weeks later...