The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

12 hours ago, McGuire said:

Ryan Stevenson leaves Rovers by mutual consent

Probably best for both parties. He did the team a turn at the end of last season but didn’t get a proper pre-season under his belt so I would say it has run it’s course. Good luck to him.

8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Is there segregation at your gaff? I'm considering popping along with a St. Mirren supporting friend, but I don't fancy being restricted to one part of the ground. Is the paddock still open, btw?

Segregation is rare and only where there's a risk of disorder - Airdrie, basically.

Paddock still open but we call it the Enclosure

On 01/09/2021 at 09:08, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Segregation is rare and only where there's a risk of disorder - Airdrie, basically.

Paddock still open but we call it the Enclosure

Emphatic win for you. Nice ground; it's obviously old, but well maintained and great that you're still there, as I had heard there was proposal for you to share with Airdrieonians. Is the stand opposite just being left to rot? It would surely be better for the ultras to stand there, so that they could benefit from the roof.

Your team looked very capable, especially your number 9, and yet you're second from bottom? Hopefully that's a false position. You have Kelty in a couple of weeks, I see, that will be a good test for you.

18 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Emphatic win for you. Nice ground; it's obviously old, but well maintained and great that you're still there, as I had heard there was proposal for you to share with Airdrieonians. Is the stand opposite just being left to rot? It would surely be better for the ultras to stand there, so that they could benefit from the roof.

Yeah, pretty much left to rot. The steps are too marrow by modern standards so it would need dug out and re-done, and we don't have enough demand for that (or money to pay for it)

3 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Yeah, pretty much left to rot. The steps are too marrow by modern standards so it would need dug out and re-done, and we don't have enough demand for that (or money to pay for it)

That's a real shame! Obviously you don't have the demand for it, but in the interest of preserving the stadium it would be good. 

14 hours ago, Scotspikey said:

Hi all, Newbie Rovers fan, Gillingham is my team and where I'm from, but moved to Caldercruix, so have started going along to the Rovers for my football fix.

Good man! One of our regulars is a Gillingham fan who has lived in Coatbridge for many years

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Gives us plenty of time to read up on how to “avoid” promotion 🤣🤣

HIGHLAND champions Brora Rangers last night insisted they will try to get through the SPFL Pyramid Play-Off at the end of the season – despite having no desire to play senior football next term.

Brora president John Young claims they have done all they can to AVOID having to compete in the
 play-offs but have been told they must take on Lowland League winners 
Edinburgh City in the first shoot-out.

1 minute ago, Vodka Vic said:

Gives us plenty of time to read up on how to “avoid” promotion 🤣🤣

HIGHLAND champions Brora Rangers last night insisted they will try to get through the SPFL Pyramid Play-Off at the end of the season – despite having no desire to play senior football next term.

Brora president John Young claims they have done all they can to AVOID having to compete in the
 play-offs but have been told they must take on Lowland League winners 
Edinburgh City in the first shoot-out.

The attitude seems to have changed up there now, but you wouldn't know it from watching the play offs v Kelty this year! Pumped Hearts out of the Cup and then just didn't turn up.