The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Always liked Coxy. He has his troubles but he is an old fashioned forward prepared to stick it to defenders.

Maybe it was because Ed City came up from the less rarified ranks of the Lowland League but a lot of us appreciated a battler like that and we wouldn't have minded seeing him in a City shirt. Even after he gave us a "get it right up you" gesture at Central Park! :lol:

Hope the lad does well for you 

Cheers, certainly sounds encouraging if he avoids any serious injuries (same as any player really!) Hopefully get see him run out against United this weekend 
He will chase a crisp packet blowing in the wind, I really like him, always hated him in an opposite team,

Demands the best from everyone

Coxy is an utter nightmare to play against.  He'll niggle and constantly try to wind up the defenders as well as being like a duracell bunny and chasing everything down.  

Should be a class above the Highland League.

17 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Coxy is an utter nightmare to play against.  He'll niggle and constantly try to wind up the defenders as well as being like a duracell bunny and chasing everything down.  

Should be a class above the Highland League.

A few like him in the HL.

Always been a player I would like in my side but in the last couple of years when I have seen him he seemed more intent on winding players up than actually contributing to the team.

On 01/07/2021 at 18:47, greendot said:

David Cox has signed up for a Highland league adventure with us. How did he get on with you guys before the unpleasantness as last season drew to a close?

Always hated him when he was in the opposition but a good one to have in the team - was most unfortunate with injuries for us last season. Truth be told his injury led to Lewis Wilson being re-introduced further up the park which turned out to be a revelation. I’m glad Coxy has had a change of heart. All the best to him. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Young guy up front Charlie Reilly has started brightly after signing from Partick, but the squad seem to be a group of hard workers more than anything this tlyear

I'd agree with that. although the goalkeeper looks a cracker to me. Cue him letting five by him tomorrow!

On 12/07/2021 at 18:59, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

I'd agree with that. although the goalkeeper looks a cracker to me. Cue him letting five by him tomorrow!

5 indeed, cracking penalty save though and other than Telfer's I don't think he really had a chance with the rest of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today it was announced that under the current level 0 restrictions Cliftonhill has a capacity of 404 (was 150 under level 2 and is around 1550 in "normal" times). Therefore cash gates will be available for league games as somewhat sadly we generally get crowds of a lower magnitude than 404.

Edited by roy of the rovers

Was decent for us, worked hard, does all the dirty work,

Who has he signed for?
Cheers. Played 20 minutes for Auchinleck Talbot on Wednesday. Don't know if he was a trialist or if he's signed.

As the poster is an Auchinleck Talbot fan presumably them?
It's annoying Chris when the app on the phone doesn't show which team posters are fans of but the website version does.
Yeh always bugs me lol haven't went onto pie and bovril sire in years all through the app for me