The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Who else had them? I had a glance through the teams and Rovers were the only team who had players named as trialists.

Possibiy my mistake as I am still working through the lines and I thought I saw them in more than one game last night. It must have been the Rovers line up. I was only half paying attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Wonder if Rovers fans are bracing themselves for forfeiting the Cowdenbeath game given what’s happened to St Mirren and Killie.

The games are building up now, Albion have one game, Clyde now two games 

I can’t see a long drawn out enquiry for every one, is it time to adopt the Betfred 3-0 rule no matter how unfair that might be ?

The games are building up now, Albion have one game, Clyde now two games 
I can’t see a long drawn out enquiry for every one, is it time to adopt the Betfred 3-0 rule no matter how unfair that might be ?
There is only one midweek league game scheduled between now and the end of the season in April so still plenty of time.

If teams have followed the rules and have just been unlucky to have a number of cases then it is harsh to award a 3-0 to the opposition.

8 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

There is only one midweek league game scheduled between now and the end of the season in April so still plenty of time.

If teams have followed the rules and have just been unlucky to have a number of cases then it is harsh to award a 3-0 to the opposition.

Therein lies the issue.

if a number of players contract the virus individually from work etc then fair enough.

If however it is spread amongst the group then the rules have not been followed ?

Therein lies the issue.
if a number of players contract the virus individually from work etc then fair enough.
If however it is spread amongst the group then the rules have not been followed ?
It could still easily spread while still following the rules. Players won't be social distancing when playing and smaller groups when it comes to training.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Brian Reid has got to be under some pressure now surely? It's not an easy job but deary me that's a dreadful result. And you're not exactly performing in the league either. 

I came here just to find our what's going on? I knew they were having a bad season, but to lose 3-0 at home to lower league opposition is more than disappointing. The Cup was a chance to generate some much needed revenue. 

Are Albion Rovers facing an existential threat?