The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

12 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
On 18/07/2020 at 18:36, Vodka Vic said:
Perry and Marr first choice for central defence. You would have been better off with Morrissey and Marr.

This pair are now first choice partnership at mega spending Darvel

Fingers crossed they don’t have any cross balls to deal with 

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Daniel Scally signs for The Loons. What's he like? Saw him scoring a decent free kick on your twitter

Very talented as you've seen from the free kick. Probably not the guy to carry a poor team (which is what we were / are; not sure about the Loons) although that's based on position rather than any concern about work rate etc.

Certainly, I would have liked to see him remain but can't argue with him taking an offer from a higher division. The boy needs to look after his career.

Very talented as you've seen from the free kick. Probably not the guy to carry a poor team (which is what we were / are; not sure about the Loons) although that's based on position rather than any concern about work rate etc.
Certainly, I would have liked to see him remain but can't argue with him taking an offer from a higher division. The boy needs to look after his career.
Cheers Snuffy. Hard to say what we'll be like but a few encouraging signings.

What position would you say best suits him?

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

We (stirling) just signed Scott Roberts. Any good Rovers fans?

The only place where he's spent more than 6 months was two seasons at Annan, a few games at Elgin and even less at Albion Rovers after that, sounds like another squad player although got to hope he's a hidden gem that everyone else has missed. Got to think the manager knows what he can do from his Annan days. 

Edited by AlbionMan

On 29/07/2020 at 10:04, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Daniel Scally signs for The Loons. What's he like? Saw him scoring a decent free kick on your twitter

If you play 4-2-3-1 as most do nowadays then any of the three. He is slight though, which in Scotland tends to mean punt them out on the wing.

16 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Umm, our last manager persevered with him quite a bit but he never really set the heather on fire. Decent squad depth, I suppose.

Byrne is a much better signing for you; he really came of age with us and his strike rate improved markedly.

Yeh like scally was offered a contract with us,

my understanding was he wasn't keen on moving to another league 2 side but as was pointed out to me bysomone much wiser than myself if somone is willing to throw extra money his way his head could be turned, I will not doubt stirling have offered a big increase on wages,

He was a solid perfomer would have liked to have kept him

• 2 weeks later...

Rovers drawn in same group as Stranraer and Annan in Betfred Cup.  So 4 games this season with those clubs.

At least Hamilton and Ayr UTD  provide a bit of variety.

This feels different this season, as 3 midweek games in October / november not as attractive as usual 2 midweeks on July evenings these groups usually provide!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Multi-millionaire celebrity Rovers fan has tweeted the following:

I've been secretly talking with my favourite football club @albionrovers & we have some big, exciting news coming soon. To be continued!

What first attracted the Rovers to multi-millionaire Mark Millar?

9 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

What first attracted the Rovers to multi-millionaire Mark Millar?

Subtly, he once produced a comic called CLiNT...

He's probably hoping you'll become Superior and Kick Ass (cue whooshes among the non-geeks).