The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

There are rumours floating about that L2 will use the excuse of a short 20/21 season to cancel the pyramid play offs again. Can't see many clubs voting against it, especially from L2.

Well if they get cancelled then they’ll be back the next year.

6 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Well if they get cancelled then they’ll be back the next year.

They built a team ready to compete in the SPFL this year, they won't hold on to them forever. They were still recruiting after the HL was done and dusted.

Edited by welshbairn

36 minutes ago, lobo said:

Nonsensical comment?? It is clear the 2nd division clubs don't want change, don't want anyone else coming into their league and if you look clearly you will see Cove are not in the league they have been promoted despite the global pandemic. So if it suits go with it if it doesn't close the door on the pyramid. 

Oh and please remember about the cost of the bus. 

It's clear that league 2 clubs were not in favour of a short term, knee jerk reaction parachuting 2 teams into the league when in normal years only one of the two would have had the opportunity to play there way in. A long term solution to the Scottish football set up is overdue, not acceptance of one which may or may not have been permanent, solely designed to save Hearts from relegation without consideration of long term consequences.

19 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

It's clear that league 2 clubs were not in favour of a short term, knee jerk reaction parachuting 2 teams into the league when in normal years only one of the two would have had the opportunity to play there way in. A long term solution to the Scottish football set up is overdue, not acceptance of one which may or may not have been permanent, solely designed to save Hearts from relegation without consideration of long term consequences.

Getting rid of the top two sides with no demotions wouldn't have disturbed clubs if you weren't nervous about your ability to compete with lower league teams.

1 hour ago, lobo said:

Nonsensical comment?? It is clear the 2nd division clubs don't want change, don't want anyone else coming into their league and if you look clearly you will see Cove are not in the league they have been promoted despite the global pandemic. So if it suits go with it if it doesn't close the door on the pyramid. 

Oh and please remember about the cost of the bus. 

Yes, nonsensical comment. What on earth are you talking about? Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City are part of the senior league structure, unless I've been asleep and missed something? 

If the big bad league clubs didn't want a pyramid, Cove Rangers would still be playing at Fort William and Wick, and Edinburgh City would be playing Caledonian Braves and Broomhill Sports Club. 

As for the cost of the bus, I don't need to worry about that. I follow Queen's Park £££. 

They built a team ready to compete in the SPFL this year, they won't hold on to them forever. They were still recruiting after the HL was done and dusted.

Every club has been affected by this. Queen’s Park would have been in the playoffs if the season was completed and could potentially be playing in league 1 but they ain’t!

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Every club has been affected by this. Queen’s Park would have been in the playoffs if the season was completed and could potentially be playing in league 1 but they ain’t!

Agreed, I'm just talking about L2's motivations for voting no, and if they shut off the pyramid again next year it will be transparent for everyone to see. 

P.S. I was agreeing that lots of teams were affected, not to QP being guaranteed a place in the play offs btw, just in case that was the reason for the red dot. :lol: 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Can any Albion Rovers fan tell me how Ouzy See played for  you last season please?  Did you rate him?

He was injured in pre-season so we didn't see him for a while and he then took a while to get fit.

I liked him, although we only really did see flashes of what he was capable of as he didn't always start. Quick, strong, and the recent TwitterGate aside seems to have a reasonable attitude. He's an Edinburgh lad so I'm sure he'll be delighted with the move.

Can any Albion Rovers fan tell me how Ouzy See played for  you last season please?  Did you rate him?

Hes a rat

He was offered a contract, then wouldn't answer the phone to the manager or club secretary, he was sent e-mails and text messages over the course of a week, all with no reply

The club took it as he didnt want to rejoin, so issued statement saying he was released.

He then made out on twitter that nobody had been in contact with him to tell him he was released

He was still recovering from his broken leg when he joined, done preseason with rovers and was told he would be signed when he was fit which wasnt until september/October

Surprised hes went to Edinburgh as hes not as good as what you already have, are yous losing anyone

On 17 June 2020 at 13:49, lobo said:

That won't happen for a long time, there is a fair chance SPFL will pull the plug on pyramid system again, as Brora said its a closed shop. 

Could you post that on the WoSFL/EoSFL/LL forums.

I fancy a laugh.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

38 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Sorry to tell you guys that Ross Clarke has signed for Cowden. Any good?

I've only seen him a few times; others will be better placed to review him. I thought he was half decent in a very poor team. Good work rate and attitude. Makes mistakes. League 2 is his level but deserves a shot in a team challenging in the top half.