The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

A happy birthday today to Cliftonhill Stadium which turns 100 today!

Happy Birthday Cliftonhill! Still the original toilets I reckon but all joking aside, a real part of the identity of Scottish Football.

Could be a cracking community ground if a small modern stand was added where the terracing is and a 3G pitch laid. Community base under that stand and Rovers refurbishing the main. Anyone got a few million?

Many happy returns.

2 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Smart Osadolor has signed for Elgin City on an 18month contract. Popular the end of last season for his efforts keeping us in the league, not so much this season.

You can be certain that he'll hurt us before the season is over.

You've signed Nick McAllister on loan from us for the rest of the season. Young defender we picked up in the summer (previously at Queen's Park and Partick Thistle) who featured in a few League Cup group games as other defenders were injured. No idea what he was like as I wasn't at those games!

You've signed Nick McAllister on loan from us for the rest of the season. Young defender we picked up in the summer (previously at Queen's Park and Partick Thistle) who featured in a few League Cup group games as other defenders were injured. No idea what he was like as I wasn't at those games!

He played v us at cliftonhill in a poor st mirren performance hopefully playswell with us

32 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
1 hour ago, Stu said:

He played v us at cliftonhill in a poor st mirren performance hopefully playswell with us

Yeah, had a feeling we played you in the League Cup but couldn't remember if that was this season or last.

On 10/01/2020 at 11:21, roy of the rovers said:

Smart Osadolor has signed for Elgin City on an 18month contract. Popular the end of last season for his efforts keeping us in the league, not so much this season.

I was really surprised to hear this news!

I always thought Smart was a good player.  Thought Rovers would have needed him.

On 16/01/2020 at 19:12, Tenkay said:

I was really surprised to hear this news!

I always thought Smart was a good player.  Thought Rovers would have needed him.

Unfortunately Smart wasn’t able to replicate the form that saved is from certain relegation last season. In fairness none of the team have really produced the goods this season . Unfair that Smart has taken most of the criticism from a section of the fans.