The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

No thread on the Stenny game so I'll mention it here. Turgid first twenty or so minutes but some goal from Euan East to wake everyone up. Took the throw in, picked up the lay off and lashed home a stunning shot. Then a bit of joke defending, when several defenders did well to block the cross then one of them poked it straight to the onrushing Stenny player ( didn't catch the players name, no teams read out the tannoy for the second home game in a row and no team sheets cos the printer broke!) *tannoy became granny there, just as well I spotted it*

Morena fired home after they couldn't clear a free kick but Rovers didn't half miss some clear cut chances in the second half, especially Byrne and the otherwise excellent Daniel Scally when they were one on one with the keeper. Rovers then had their keeper (Goodfellow?)  to thank for a great late save to stop there being an injustice.

Crowd was only 209, had to look it up, not announced at game. Thought it looked a bit more but then a few players were seated near me and I don't suppose they are counted. Good to see a mini Rovers Young Team, all three of them, twirling there scarves behind the goal for most of the second half. Just a pity there's not another ten or twelve of them like the Sons fans featured on A View from the Terrace last night. Saw Craig Telfer at the game, Craig your prediction was spot on!

Edited by Owsley

Actually enjoyed that today. I haven't said that in months. Best moment was my sons mates giving the  subs some 'banter' they were giving it back in a nice Scottish second division way. .. was 1-1 at the time then we scored the winner ... kids - including the 3 ultras mentioned above all ran to the goal celebrating and giving it to the subs. giuy !  Absolute 2 division classic stuff. shame no cameras or we might have made it onto the superb ' A view from the terrace' ! once again Craig was correct. Rovers victory - although no fluke today. thought we were the best team by a long shot. Easily could have been 5. 

14 hours ago, teekasule said:

Actually enjoyed that today. I haven't said that in months. 

Yup, smashing game and I thought we were well worth the win in the end. It was though a little strange that our goals came in the first half when we actually played far better in the second. Had Byrne x 2 and Scally x 1 taken their gilt-edged 2nd half chances, my blood pressure would have got  nowhere near the levels of the last few minutes!

All in all, there were some impressive, hard-working performances, especially from players who have borne higher proportions of the overall stick of the last few months. The goalie had very little to do but what a save he had late on, Phillips was excellent in midfield, as were Fagan and Wharton in defence. However, I was most pleased for Morena; the guy was a huge part of our survival last year, and whilst he hasn't started so well this season, he now has his first goal for us and was back to his best yesterday. They were all good though, to be fair!

Plastic pitch next week, which should suit us if we play the same quick, reactive football of yesterday's second half.  I'd expect a much tougher game as well; Stennie were pretty poor and I can see why they view us their bogey team

45 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
18 hours ago, Muzza81 said:
Weegie scum, a few questions if you will. Is that pub near Coatdyke still open? Is Owen’s (or whatever it’s called now) still the best boozer? Best place for a good feed? Ty. 

Dont know if you mean us but Owen's is still open and a good beer and food

Thanks. Assume it sells vitamin T?

(you know I mean you, you wee rascal)