The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

just thought i'd check in as well, missed the coming together as i was more focused on the goal but wasn't nice to see but glad he was ok enough to acknowledge the fans

hopefully the boy is ok and makes a speedy recovery 

oh and fair play to your young keeper that came on, worst possible game for him to come into and under the circumstances but after an understandably nervous start the boy did well and made a cracking save

8 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Huge thanks to the Dunfermline physio and doctor for their swift assistance emoji1360.png

Absolutely. Along with your good self, they gave him very cautious and appropriate care, although when the oxygen canister appeared we all feared the worst. Kudos to the referee too; there was clearly seconds left to be played in the first half so it was unusually pragmatic[and absolutely right] to blow the whistle for half time and give the medical people a bit of space.

2 hours ago, 80sPar said:

oh and fair play to your young keeper that came on, worst possible game for him to come into and under the circumstances but after an understandably nervous start the boy did well and made a cracking save

Yeah, young Christopher Smith did well. I'd be tempted to give him the remaining cup games now as Goodfellow will be out for those due to the protocol for concussion. We actually do have another goalkeeper (Daniel Potts) who would normally be ahead of Christopher, but he [Potts] has been with us for years and never really kicked on when given the chance.

good to hear he's doing ok if a bit battered and bruised, I don't think anything was getting in the way of Nizzy's first hatrick...

we'll be backing you for an upset again the Paisley lot since they struggled to get past City last night

13 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

good to hear he's doing ok if a bit battered and bruised, I don't think anything was getting in the way of Nizzy's first hatrick...

we'll be backing you for an upset again the Paisley lot since they struggled to get past City last night

Yeah, the Dunfermline player did nothing wrong. Ball was there to be won and he did that; total accident and thankfully not as serious as feared.

As for St Mirren, we'll need to learn to defend first. I suspect that's what they'll be spending their 'free' Saturday doing

1 hour ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Yeah, the Dunfermline player did nothing wrong. Ball was there to be won and he did that; total accident and thankfully not as serious as feared.

As for St Mirren, we'll need to learn to defend first. I suspect that's what they'll be spending their 'free' Saturday doing

I’m glad Goody is ok after what could have been a really nasty injury. I hope the lad is back between the sticks soon  

Defending may be a concern for you guys, but you got through on goal more than a few times against us. A wee bit more luck and composure and you could easily have changed the score line. You also had a good 10 minute spell at the start of the second half last night. We ended up with almost all our players behind the ball at that point. 

With all due respect to you and the league you’re in, you showed some really good glimpses of attacking play. Not too shabby going forward guys. 

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

On 02/08/2019 at 10:03, Have some faith in Magic said:

Any idea of prices for league games this year? I couldn't see them on the club website.

Going to take in the Cove game next week. 

Rumour is there will be no change so £13 / £7. I suspect something will appear on the website next week.

Rovers looked decent yesterday. What a job Harper has done a Cliftonhill.

I would be a touch concerned about the Rovers defence; The centre-back pairing looked a bit vulnerable to high balls coming through the middle; not sure Lynas' best position is right back, either. A side better than Stenny would have made you pay for a few mistakes made. But a great start to the season and with a fair wind fourth shouldn't be beyond that group of players.

• 3 weeks later...