The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Meant to post on this earlier...really delighted Rovers survived and hopefully under the decent young manager you found you'll be solidly mid table next season.

Will try and get along to a game at Cliftonhill when I find myself in the Glasgow area next term.

Cliftonhill maybe a shitehole, but it's a proper shitehole, if that makes sense. Only been once last season (Raith fan, you beat us 2-1) but I enjoyed the character of the place, and the pies were good.

Some memories of Cliftonhill tbf.
From a 9 year old acting as a ball boy at the Airdrie reserve games on wet Tuesday nights 25 years ago, to an absolute mauling at the hands of a John Gemmell (sp?) Inspired rovers not so long ago.
I'm really glad they've stayed up, and a big chance to ensure they learn from the mistakes of last summer.

7 hours ago, philpy said:

Cliftonhill maybe a shitehole, but it's a proper shitehole, if that makes sense. Only been once last season (Raith fan, you beat us 2-1) but I enjoyed the character of the place, and the pies were good.

It quite literally is a shitehole. The amount of pigeon dropping's seriously tests my resolve every time I go there. Thankfully the pies outweigh the negatives by some measure.  And thankfully I'll be back next season :thumsup2

Meant to post on this earlier...really delighted Rovers survived and hopefully under the decent young manager you found you'll be solidly mid table next season.
Will try and get along to a game at Cliftonhill when I find myself in the Glasgow area next term.

Shameless hunt for greenies.

19 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Think rovers priority should be to get Osadolor and Morena signed up, seemed to turn things around when they came to the club. 2 good players for league 2 who I doubt will have many options

Bang on the money here. The two best signings by Harper. 

Well done Vic, all the best for next season and a massive improvement under Harper.........................3 points and Smarticus as a helping hand.............we're not too bad noisy neighbours to have or hopefully had!!....Good to catch up with you last Dec.......

7 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Well done Vic, all the best for next season and a massive improvement under Harper.........................3 points and Smarticus as a helping hand.............we're not too bad noisy neighbours to have or hopefully had!!....Good to catch up with you last Dec.......

Cheers Gaz. Still can't believe Rovers did it. Goid luck in the play offs mate.

On 04/05/2019 at 03:52, Fitbaw enthusiast said:

Not been on this all week because I’m still pished from Berwick love this team and Smarticus is a god in Sunnyside 

Smarticus cheering us on in the playoffs yesterday,  class.

Wish only the best for the big guy, and Rovers seem to have got the best out of him, so a good match up,  hopefully he will sign up for you and do well next season.