The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Disgrace really that 4 teams that have done nothing wrong go into this weekends games not being 100% sure how things stand. Hopefully we get on with things & come out on top over what i am sure will be a stuffy Rovers side.

According to Clyde fans they shouldn't be deducted points because Berwick are adversely affected by it and of course Peterhead and Edinburgh aren't affected if they get to keep the points.

According to Clyde fans they shouldn't be deducted points because Berwick are adversely affected by it and of course Peterhead and Edinburgh aren't affected if they get to keep the points.

Naw, Berwick are adversely because Albion Rovers were given 3 points and 3 goals Or is that too much for you tae work oot?

Stay aff the vodka Vic.

Naw, Berwick are adversely because Albion Rovers were given 3 points and 3 goals Or is that too much for you tae work oot?
Stay aff the vodka Vic.

Surely if the Clyde decision was reversed or reduced then they would need to alter the awards to QP and/or Rovers. And it could be a real problem for Peterhead in particular.

I can’t see the SFA doing a u turn for 2 reasons. Firstly, they never get it wrong, right? But it would also set a precedent for any team in future who made a registration mistake to simply cite “The Clyde Clause”.

Surely if the Clyde decision was reversed or reduced then they would need to alter the awards to QP and/or Rovers. And it could be a real problem for Peterhead in particular.

I can’t see the SFA doing a u turn for 2 reasons. Firstly, they never get it wrong, right? But it would also set a precedent for any team in future who made a registration mistake to simply cite “The Clyde Clause”.

Maybe they should award us 2 points out of 3 like they did with hearts earlier in the season.

Nothing to do with awarding a 3-0 to cove would have papped the jambos out I suppose.

They reserve the right to ‘judge every case on its own merits’ which is basically code for make it up as they go along to make sure nobody important gets inconvenienced.

On 29/03/2019 at 20:15, an86 said:

I'm quite cold and heartless about these things. If there's a mechanism to stop it, there's no way we should be allowing one of our own players come back and potentially cost us points. 

Ludere causa Ludendi?