The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Hi everybody.

I'm making a short telly documentary feature, and am looking for an Albion Rovers fan to contribute! Hoping to find a fan who'd be willing to share on camera why they support Albion, talk about the ups and downs of being a fan of the club, and who'd be keen to experience a match day out of their comfort zone. 

Please do get in touch! Send a wee email to fitba@studiosomething.co and I'll get back in touch with more details about the feature.

Cheers,

Gemma

On 21/03/2019 at 18:20, spiders4ever said:

It's official Albion Rovers are no longer the worst senior team in Scotland - that honour now goes to the Scotland team.

Considering there are far more than 42 senior teams in Scotland, Albion Rovers weren't the worst senior team in the first place. The likes of Fort William, Inverkeithing or Eyemouth will come close to that title.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

Considering there are far more than 42 senior teams in Scotland, Albion Rovers weren't the worst senior team in the first place. The likes of Fort William, Inverkeithing or Eyemouth will come close to that title.

Pedantic fucker ain't you

Another good win for Rovers! Three wins in a row now brilliant!

Albion seem to have turned a corner and now have momentum to kick on and secure safety.

Really hope you do it, good club, good people. I wish you well

59 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Obviously it would be better for Rovers if East Kilbride replaced Berwick Rangers 

Why? They're a team who'd be shopping in the same market as Albion Rovers, but with more money to offer players. 

Fair play to the big Rovers, having looked dead and buried a few weeks ago, they’ve turned it around and their destiny is very much in their own hands.

Berwick seemed to have produced 1 decent performance in the last few months against the Peterhead bottlers, whereas Albion have hit a bit of form and now look like the team to avoid 10th.

I was hearing that one of the conditions of Smart's loan deal is that he can't play against us on the 6th. Seems a bit unfair imo. He's basically a Rovers player now  as players only sign for us for one season

Is this an SPFL rule or an agreement between the two clubs? I know UEFA have implemented a rule so parent clubs can't stop it from happening in their competitions 

27 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I was hearing that one of the conditions of Smart's loan deal is that he can't play against us on the 6th. Seems a bit unfair imo. He's basically a Rovers player now  as players only sign for us for one season

Is this an SPFL rule or an agreement between the two clubs? I know UEFA have implemented a rule so parent clubs can't stop it from happening in their competitions 

Pretty sure it is an SPFL rule, which makes sense.

Cheers. I suppose it does make sense as it stops players getting up to anything dodgy if they are playing against a parent club who are competing for anything important  ( sadly not us this season )

7 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm quite cold and heartless about these things. If there's a mechanism to stop it, there's no way we should be allowing one of our own players come back and potentially cost us points.