The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

14 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

How did the shareholders meeting go? 

All existing Directors were re-elected or elected with no sign of a coup that has been threatened for a the last year. The club have paid off the crazy short term loan that was bleeding it dry by getting an advance in the deal for the mobile phone mast that is currently at the stadium. 

Former directors were there giving the current board a hard time but no sign of putting anyone up to show them the way. The prime mover David Caldwell is still hanging about - remains to be seen if he gets his wish of working with the current board.

Edited by Vodka Vic

I know he wasn’t at Cliftonhill for long, but how did Lewis McLear look for you guys? We’ve just announced signing him tonight, must admit, when he was on loan from St.Mirren about 3-4 years ago, he looked a player.
Has a split personality

At times he looked to get stuck in

At times he would hide for weeks on end

His performance at broadwood earlier in the season was one of the worst by a footballer in a decade

• 4 weeks later...

Smart gave us a shift every time he played. His work rate is excellent, although his decision making can be erratic. Also scored more goals at Cliftonhill this season than a good number of Rovers players! I wish him all the best, except on April 6.

You always get the impression with Osolador that he could rip apart this league, he just need someone who believes in him enough for him to settle at a club.

Giuliano Morena played against us for Brechin in the League Cup at the start of the season. I was really impressed with him. He and Kevin Moon were battling away in the First Half and from memory he strolled the second. Looked a player based on that 1 game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good article and it would appear to be an honest interview.

I had a bit of banter with both of them near the end of your 1-0 win at Forthbank a couple of weeks ago, didn’t realise who they were but they seem like top blokes and I hope they get it right.