The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As I say I don't know how lower league/part time clubs set up contracts but doubt players would be paid  an hourly rate think it would be more likely a set amount per week/month with possible add ons for appearances goals scored wins or points earned which probably varies from club to club.

I would imagine it would be a set amount but it would have to be based on the hours set against the minimum rate as a base line before other things are added on.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

As I say I don't know how lower league/part time clubs set up contracts but doubt players would be paid  an hourly rate think it would be more likely a set amount per week/month with possible add ons for appearances goals scored wins or points earned which probably varies from club to club.

Hmrc have been all over this in football and SPFL/SFA have made requirements clear - it is now part of club licensing requirements that clubs meet minimum wage laws.  Thus contracts now can be for X pounds per week or more commonly now per month.  That figure should cover the full hours worked in each week or month x amount of minimum wage £7.83 I think for players over 23.   Most clubs also pay players for 52 weeks as statutory paid holidays must be provided.  You also can’t average - every period be it week or month you must meet minimum wage

Will be a real admin nightmare for clubs if they need to keep individual records for each players hours per week to prove they are meeting the minimum wage. Is travel to games, training included. Another big ask for clubs relying on part time staff to look after things.

Travel to home games or training is not included - that is travel to your normal workplace. Travel on a team bus to an away game and clock starts ticking when you get on the bus to until you get back off it when you get home. For a home game standard working hours start from when you are ordered to arrive (usually 1.30) until you leave = say 4 hours. Training adds say another 4 hours a week. Thus your minimum base is around about 8 hours. But you could have say a 14-16 hour week travelling from Central belt to away match at Elgin/Peterhead. Then what if you have a midweek away match as well as a Saturday match as well as training in one week? Thus many clubs have monthly wage deals rather than weekly now - as you can smooth out the hours hopefully rather than have spikes where you would end up underpaying or paying overtime to meet requirement.

On 19/09/2018 at 11:04, Chris_the_rover said:
On 16/09/2018 at 15:48, Yoda8 said:
Ian Murray declined once budget was mentioned , I believe there was another contender who was a rookie in manager terms but had been working within the senior game for several years who wanted job.  The board went for experience in Brogan which makes me ask, why do clubs always want experience even if the experience is bad???
Surely someone looked at his jnr record and said if he’s that good why has he not been given a top junior job ever??

Ian Murray wanted it but had to give 30 days notice to his current club he is with in Norway from what i hear as he is still contracted

Not true Chris, Nid did want the job until told the budget and said thanks but no thanks.

4 man committee were meant to go back to board with findings from interview but I believe they didn’t , just deciding to appoint JB. 

Didnt realise until they had gave him job that didn’t have licence. 

Shambles of an appointment from start to finish , hopefully Sat night 

Not true Chris, Nid did want the job until told the budget and said thanks but no thanks.
4 man committee were meant to go back to board with findings from interview but I believe they didn’t , just deciding to appoint JB. 
Again not true

Regardless of salary or not you still need to pay a minimum hourly rate working out how many hours have been worked in a year then £7.38 an hour
If it works out less than your sallery you are entitled to compensation ie getting paid for it. Some massive companies have been caught out with it recently, Tesco Morrison's and asda to name 3

19 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I don't get paid to travel to my work.

You should do if for example your base is Clifton hill and your employer expects you to work in Elgin or Stirling.

I get toil for time traveling to work duties away from my office.

4 hours ago, drs said:

You should do if for example your base is Clifton hill and your employer expects you to work in Elgin or Stirling.

I get toil for time traveling to work duties away from my office.

Same here. 

On 21/09/2018 at 00:29, Chris_the_rover said:
On 21/09/2018 at 00:11, Yoda8 said:

Again not true

What part isn’t true Chris? 

On 28/09/2018 at 13:14, Chris_the_rover said:

That full bit just total BS

No it’s not .

one of the interviewees was then offered a job in the back room the following morning before it went public as he had qualifications JB didn’t.

Not a single bit of it BS 

• 2 weeks later...