The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

Had a read at ARFC forums , painful reading but at least it has some critical analysis for a change and isn’t the happy clapping site of old.

Picked up on rumours of a GK coming from Well and was hoping Chris or Pastmaster could confirm something.

Hasnt JB already used his 4 loanees allowed until transfer window opens??

I may be corrected but understand that he brought in 3 in one day plus one of Alloa boys is on loan. (May not be the case but sure it’s Greene) 

Anyone know ? 

Also what’s happened with 3 brought in?

Theyve not featured much, at all.

Why sign them & not play them, the loan market was the potential joker to get us out this mess. If he’s signed them but isn’t playing them does that suggest that they weren’t properly scouted in the first place??

are they all still even at the club??

5 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Had a read at ARFC forums , painful reading but at least it has some critical analysis for a change and isn’t the happy clapping site of old.

Picked up on rumours of a GK coming from Well and was hoping Chris or Pastmaster could confirm something.

Hasnt JB already used his 4 loanees allowed until transfer window opens??

I may be corrected but understand that he brought in 3 in one day plus one of Alloa boys is on loan. (May not be the case but sure it’s Greene) 

Anyone know ? 

Your right one of the Alloa youngsters is on loan I remember seeing it on the SPFL in their list of summer transfers so that will be 4 loans you have.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

What was the Shire's worst points total when they were really shit?

This mob are are going to blow that out the park.

8 points in 03/04 I think. 

2 wins and 2 draws according to Wikipedia. 

Would be hilarious to see them finish on 0 but I think they'll sneak a win at some point, maybe towards the end of the season when only a few teams will have something to play for.

On 26/08/2018 at 10:45, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Well, hello there! I'm still here, but seriously considering hibernation until the play-offs.

As others have said, the Junior / Alloa weans gamble hasn't worked. However, even if we thank John brogan for his efforts on his way out the door, we won't be able to get an entirely new squad in mid-season. Could Jurgen Klopp turn this mob into a competent team at this level? I'm really not convinced... and he's busy with Liverpool, anyway :(

Defending the grade, I'm not sure those Juniors collectively would cope in the top flight of the West either!

Doesn’t give me any pleasure to say this as I’ve always quite liked the Rovers but can’t see anything other than bottom for you this season. But for some ridiculously wasteful finishing and some good saves, we could and probably should have had 5 or 6. 

We were there not that long ago. We finished bottom of the pile but thankfully before the playoffs were introduced. Ferguson did his best though to take us down via the playoffs. I feel your pain. 

16 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

What are the board waiting on with the manager.

lucky not to have been hammered today again . 

The end of the first quarter, apparently.

Not sure why, as we're clearly going to get fcuked by Cowden, Stirling and Annan, just like we've been fcuked by the other six :(

Would anyone else do any better with the shite that has been signed? You are stuck with those players until January by which time the damage will be well and truly done.

I suppose the flip side would be surely someone else can’t do any worse. Rovers were dreadful yesterday, the amount of time and space we were given was unbelievable. Despite defending with ten men most of the game we were still able to cut through with ease time and time again. The only players that didn’t look completely out of their depth were the gk who was brilliant and no. 8 looked decent. (I thought he was Wharton until the real Wharton was introduced later - he was dreadful too incidentally).

Depressing times for rovers fans!

What I don't get from the start is why sign so many alloa pro youth players when Alloa  binned their set up .Did your manager actually watch these boys or was it from a recommendation from other people 

Any one who watches pro youth games would know that these boys would not cut it at this league 

Did the manager not at least play them in friendlies for 3 games and then make assessment. There was a few weeks before pre season that all these boys where getting signed from alloa  and for the life of me I could not understand why as the way your season has went was always going to happen with this team

I know my comments may seem a bit harsh but sometimes the truth hurts 

4 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

The end of the first quarter, apparently.

Not sure why, as we're clearly going to get fcuked by Cowden, Stirling and Annan, just like we've been fcuked by the other six :(

How far off is a draw or win in your mind? Surely Cowden is the next best chance to get some points on the board? I mean, the season for the Wee Rovers has been pretty shite but at some point you're gonna get a result and it may well be next weekend.

Of course, I haven't seen Rovers play this season.....

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Isn't it more likely that any other interest evaporated when the budget was revealed. Then Brogan was the only one that would take it and is using his resources the best he can.

The Rovers board don't even seem to want to be there.

Ian Murray declined once budget was mentioned , I believe there was another contender who was a rookie in manager terms but had been working within the senior game for several years who wanted job.  The board went for experience in Brogan which makes me ask, why do clubs always want experience even if the experience is bad???

Surely someone looked at his jnr record and said if he’s that good why has he not been given a top junior job ever??