The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

48 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Another heavy defeat for Rovers from Celtic reserves tonight beaten 8-0. Looks like it was the players who didn't feature in the Edinburgh City game playing tonight.

Was reserve side.

wonder how long Celtic will continue to send a side to this.

last year 7nil, 8 this year.

Both years hardly a first team player featured for Rovers. 

1 minute ago, Yoda8 said:

Was reserve side.

wonder how long Celtic will continue to send a side to this.

last year 7nil, 8 this year.

Both years hardly a first team player featured for Rovers. 

Aye I seen the team lines on twitter and noticed it was a different side from Saturday.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:
Another heavy defeat for Rovers from Celtic reserves tonight beaten 8-0. Looks like it was the players who didn't feature in the Edinburgh City game playing tonight.

Was that just a friendly like?

The Jock Stein Friendship Cup. It's been contested for a few years now.

First time I've visited Cliftonhill. Been meaning to go for years. Enjoyable night, but didn't realise Albion Rovers put out a second eleven.

Must admit though, as much as I love Celtic Park it was great to stand in a terracing again. It took me back. Defo be back there when the Hoops aren't playing. Love the atmosphere of grounds where you can walk about and do what you want, plus the added factor of stewards acting like human beings, and hardly any coppers about. Magic stuff. That's the way it should be.

Sorry to hear about the troubles of the wee Rovers, and I hope things pick up and you do well this season.

8 hours ago, teekasule said:

Another cracker. I saw that you were playing in red and thought that's a pity, after several great yellow adidas kits. Didn't care for the all red when I went to some Rovers games a few years back. I take it there was just a delay? Might be able to make it on Saturday, a Rovers goal would be nice!

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Another cracker. I saw that you were playing in red and thought that's a pity, after several great yellow adidas kits. Didn't care for the all red when I went to some Rovers games a few years back. I take it there was just a delay? Might be able to make it on Saturday, a Rovers goal would be nice!

If you do go, please come on here and give us your opinion of the team - as a neutral

8 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Apparently Rovers are bringing in three loanees from Rangers, St Mirren and Plastic Whistle.....youngsters no doubt being loaned to gain `experience`......into a team with only one player(Fisher) with any real SPFL experience.

Sticking plaster & gaping wound springs to mind.

however given the state of current squad, and lack of money I think it’s a wise move by the manager.

lets just hope it’s the better players from these teams because realistically who would want to send players to play on Rovers pitch. 

51 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Cliftonhill is now the Reigart Stadium for the next 3 years at least. They’ve been the short sponsor for around 18 years.

Tom Reilly is not a tall man but there's no need to rub it in.