The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If John Gemmell came into my house, soaking wet, telling me it was raining outside, I'd have to out and look for myself.

:lol: Fair point.

If there turns out to be some truth in it though I hope John posts a cryptic tweet about you.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: Fair point.

If there turns out to be some truth in it though I hope John posts a cryptic tweet about you.

I don't there'll be anything cryptic about it, he once wrote something on Twitter like "Francesc Fabrages on Pie and Bovril is a wanker".

Just now, Francesc Fabregas said:

I don't there'll be anything cryptic about it, he once wrote something on Twitter like "Francesc Fabrages on Pie and Bovril is a w****r".

:lol: I remember hearing that on the Podcast - but I didn't realise it was that, ehm, to the point.

Hi again guys, John Gemmell has tweeted a good luck message to yer man Alan Reid on his move to DFC. I know the big man likes a windup, but if there was any truth in this do you think he'd do a job for us? He looks to have been Mr Consistent for you guys.

IMG_1527603889.943561.jpg

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hi again guys, John Gemmell has tweeted a good luck message to yer man Alan Reid on his move to DFC. I know the big man likes a windup, but if there was any truth in this do you think he'd do a job for us? He looks to have been Mr Consistent for you guys.

Big John has taken you to school there.

You are absolutely choking on any kind of signing. 

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Big John has taken you to school there.

You are absolutely choking on any kind of signing. 

:( 

Never mind a signing, even just one slightly substantiated rumour would be nice.

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm not sure whether he can play for you at the upper end of League 1. He's been great for us for 11 years, but suffered some injuries last term, and had to play all across the back four, with team mates not up to standard. As a result, Alan's own form suffered. He leaves with my best wishes and I hope he gets fixed up with someone decent, such as the Sons, but I fear his best playing days are behind him.

Signed for stenny

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:
On 5/29/2018 at 14:12, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Signed for stenny

Good luck to a Rovers legend.... most appearances since the war, 364 or there abouts.  

Seems like a well travelled route for X Rovers players. 

`Meet the Manager` tonight at Cliftonhill @ 7.30pm. Be interesting to hear of Brogan`s plans to turn things round. A surprise - and in some ways a bizarre appintment - however let`s see what he plans to do - then time will tell if he can deliver

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:22, The Pastmaster said:

`Meet the Manager` tonight at Cliftonhill @ 7.30pm. Be interesting to hear of Brogan`s plans to turn things round. A surprise - and in some ways a bizarre appintment - however let`s see what he plans to do - then time will tell if he can deliver

Unashamedly pinched from a posting on the ARFC message baord

Manager - engaging guy. Doesn’t look like he’ll take any shit but also capable of putting his arm round a player if they needed it.
Gary Fisher - has been made an offer and will let us know in a few days.  (has since re-signed)
Holmes - probably off to EK. Seems he and Kerr are buddies. Plus EK offering more money than Rovers.
Style of play next year - will vary depending on circumstances, players, opposition, playing surface etc etc etc. Sounds like at least a plan B and C. We’ll also concentrate a bit on pace, strength and a touch of aggression I’d say. About time too. I don’t think there will be many shrinking violets in the team next year. Like the sound of that.
Alloa - Alloa were mentioned lots so seems there is some connection there. We’ve signed a few from Alloa reserves/youth or whatever.
Contacts - seems John has loads within the game, especially at Junior level. We will be raiding the best of what there is in the junior ranks. A lot of those have plenty years experience - 26/27/28 year olds. Seems we’ve signed a few who feel like they have a point to prove in the senior game. Sounds promising.
Goalie - We’re looking to sign the “best shot stopper” in junior football. No idea who that is. John likes a keeper who comes off his line for crosses and has a presence. That would make a welcome change.
Players - we’ve got about 8 signed.
Reserves - there will be a “big announcement” about who will come to Rovers to take charge of the reserves. Quite a coup apparently.
Rovers will have a reserve team next year who will train with the first team. The best will hopefully end up in the first team.
Kerr - some interesting comments about Kerr. His blaming of the pitch was particularly annoying. Some officials were a wee bit less than complimentary about Kerr. Made me wonder why he lasted the season. And absolutely mystifying as to why he was offered another year.
Budget - Rovers will be living within their budget, whatever that is.
Reidy - off to Stenny for more cash. Makes him sound a bit mercenary but he goes with our best wishes. 
Target next season - a very realistic top 6.

Probably about 40 people there. Decent turnout compared to most home games.

19 hours ago, The Pastmaster said:

Unashamedly pinched from a posting on the ARFC message baord

Manager - engaging guy. Doesn’t look like he’ll take any shit but also capable of putting his arm round a player if they needed it.
Gary Fisher - has been made an offer and will let us know in a few days.  (has since re-signed)
Holmes - probably off to EK. Seems he and Kerr are buddies. Plus EK offering more money than Rovers.
Style of play next year - will vary depending on circumstances, players, opposition, playing surface etc etc etc. Sounds like at least a plan B and C. We’ll also concentrate a bit on pace, strength and a touch of aggression I’d say. About time too. I don’t think there will be many shrinking violets in the team next year. Like the sound of that.
Alloa - Alloa were mentioned lots so seems there is some connection there. We’ve signed a few from Alloa reserves/youth or whatever.
Contacts - seems John has loads within the game, especially at Junior level. We will be raiding the best of what there is in the junior ranks. A lot of those have plenty years experience - 26/27/28 year olds. Seems we’ve signed a few who feel like they have a point to prove in the senior game. Sounds promising.
Goalie - We’re looking to sign the “best shot stopper” in junior football. No idea who that is. John likes a keeper who comes off his line for crosses and has a presence. That would make a welcome change.
Players - we’ve got about 8 signed.
Reserves - there will be a “big announcement” about who will come to Rovers to take charge of the reserves. Quite a coup apparently.
Rovers will have a reserve team next year who will train with the first team. The best will hopefully end up in the first team.
Kerr - some interesting comments about Kerr. His blaming of the pitch was particularly annoying. Some officials were a wee bit less than complimentary about Kerr. Made me wonder why he lasted the season. And absolutely mystifying as to why he was offered another year.
Budget - Rovers will be living within their budget, whatever that is.
Reidy - off to Stenny for more cash. Makes him sound a bit mercenary but he goes with our best wishes. 
Target next season - a very realistic top 6.

Probably about 40 people there. Decent turnout compared to most home games.

Hoping this works out well but contacts will need to be good if he doesn’t have much money to offer.

lets also hope his contacts aren’t all in the Juniors 

Hoping this works out well but contacts will need to be good if he doesn’t have much money to offer.

lets also hope his contacts aren’t all in the Juniors 

The best shot stopper isn't likely to also be a keeper who comes off his line for crosses