The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say a massive well done to the three Albion supporters who done the charity walk for Tommy's Trek. 

I've posted the video by AUMedia on my website, to promote the cause and hopefully raise more money. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/12/05/albion-rovers-supporters-raise-over-1500-for-tommys-trek-in-charity-walk/

Cheers and All the Best! 

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Any Rovers fans able to offer an opinion on Steven Boyd? Has just signed for us on loan till mid-January, with a view to extending it to the end of the season.

Evidently, you don't remember his performance in our victory at Almondvale last season. Very skilful player. Goal threat. Featured in Accies first team earlier in the season; don't know why he's fallen out of their picture. It would be fair to regard him as a major factor in our League 1 survival last season. Our form dipped markedly after his recall to Hamilton.

• 2 weeks later...

It is in the Daily Record today that Dunfermline are after Connor Shields. 

I'm guessing he's out of contract in the summer? Would you guys expect a decent fee from us if we were to get him signed up at EEP?

He's been really impressive this season so far considering he was fairly unknown until this campaign. Is he still quite raw or would you say he could deal with the jump up a league? 

31 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

It is in the Daily Record today that Dunfermline are after Connor Shields. 

He's been really impressive this season so far considering he was fairly unknown until this campaign. Is he still quite raw or would you say he could deal with the jump up a league? 

Impossible to gauge his long term prospects but I doubt he'd see much game time at EEP. I hope he gets a decent move eventually, but to go and get lost in your development system just now wouldn't be beneficial to anyone.

1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

Impossible to gauge his long term prospects but I doubt he'd see much game time at EEP. I hope he gets a decent move eventually, but to go and get lost in your development system just now wouldn't be beneficial to anyone.

We scrapped our U20s squad this year with the core youth players being retained sent out on loan to continue their development. I' assume if we are indeed interested, it may be as a long-term signing - I.E he may be someone who goes into our Reserve side next season once that comes back into play (assuming we go with a Reserve Squad) next season.

I agree though, it wouldn't be good for him to then drop down to arguably a lesser level if he's playing consistently in your first-team: I think an ideal solution would be for him to be sent straight back out to you guys on loan if he was to sign in January. 

If his contract is up in the summer, we may just sign him on a pre-contract anyway. Seems a bit of a strange rumour for the DR to print if there wasn't something in it but as you said, it is hard to see when he'd get a game for us anytime soon so there's potentially a lot to consider for the young lad in the next month or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kerr confident a positive run of results is just around the corner

I spoke with your manager prior to last weekend's postponed Scottish Cup tie. Click here to hear his thoughts on the season so far and a look ahead to the remainder of the campaign. 

All the Best for the rest of this term! :thumsup2

four in - one out at Rovers.
Connor Shields has left Albion Rovers tonight to sign for English Championship side
@SunderlandAFC The club like to thank Connor from Coatbridge for all his time at the club and like to wish him all the best at Sunderland.

Albion Rovers are pleased to announce the signing of Hearts FC centre half Daniel Baur on loan until the end of the season.

Albion Rovers are delighted to announce the re-signing of @RangersFC goalkeeper Kieran Wright on loan until the end on the season.

We are delighted to announce the loan signing of @AberdeenFC defender Harlain Mbayo on loan until the end of the season. Welcome to the club @HarlainDelaSosa

Albion Rovers are pleased to announce the signing of defender Callum MacDonald.

Edited by teekasule