The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

• 3 weeks later...

Reading, on the other place, about the son of Willie Watters playing for one of our underage teams reminded me of the father. Willie had banged in dozens of goals for all our rival teams, many against us, but our manager at the time - was it Vinnie Moore? - knew how to stop Watters scoring. He signed him.

Thinking of coming through to this game, will get train from Edinburgh to Coatbridge can you tell me how far apart the station and the ground are.  Will a taxi be needed or can we walk stopping at places of interest and to use the toilet.  Is there a Wetherspoons in Coatbridge?

Thinking of coming through to this game, will get train from Edinburgh to Coatbridge can you tell me how far apart the station and the ground are.  Will a taxi be needed or can we walk stopping at places of interest and to use the toilet.  Is there a Wetherspoons in Coatbridge?

Coatdyke is the closest station to the ground, 5 minute walk at the most. Owens is the closest bar, just across the road on the walk to the station.

Getting off at Sunnyside leaves you with around a 20 minute walk and the Main Street to negotiate. Gives you some more options with regards to food and drink though. There is a Weatherspoons called The Vulcan just at the end of the Main Street.

Oh and there are no places of interest

Thanks sam2304 might try your latter suggestion,  Regarding Main Street is there a problem using this way and should it be avoided or is it just because it's a longer walk?

No problem using it, just leaves you a longer walk.

My advice would be, get off at Sunnyside, get something to eat/drink along the way to the ground. Then after the game if you're going straight home, take the closer option of Coatdyke

Guessing the only entrance is through Main Street? I've not been to Cliftonhill so I'm looking forward to ticking it off my list of grounds I need to visit (along with Stair Park and Gayfield). I'd also imagine they'll open the terrace? 

Yeah the terrace behind the goal seems to be open all the time now, though we don't often have need of it.

4 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Yeah the terrace behind the goal seems to be open all the time now, though we don't often have need of it.

If we keep up our form, I'd hope we'll bring decent numbers through. Trips to Coatbridge have been rare for us over the last few years, and it's not too far away.

• 3 weeks later...