The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Maybe the smaller pitch at Cliftonhill will suit these players better but I still wouldn't hold out much hope. 

Looking at your squad though I imagine they'll be backup players. 

Higgins will start - other two players will be on the bench I'd imagine. We also have a few pretty decent u20 guys who will be up the pecking order also. Pretty happy with our squad as Armageddon was touted when the wage bill was slashed. 

Sean Higgins, Ross Perry and Scott Mclaughlin? Take it you don't like being in league one? They were three of the worst players for Clyde last season when we finished 9th in league two.

3 of the first names we wanted hounded out the door.

Perry is shite and has the ability to turn all other players round him to shite.

McLaughlan, auld captain courageous himself, has the heart of a dormouse. Runs around a lot but does absolutely nothing.

Higgins is fat and lazy.

Enjoy. . .

2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Bearing in mind you had the thickest guy in Scottish football as your manager, will take this on board though as we have only seen 2 of these players playing in one preseason friendly so far.

PS hope all goes well with Jim Chapman- I don't recommend going to any meet the manager Q&A's

Have to ask - what was Jim Chapman like at Manager's Q&A?  Did John Joyce 

not do a lot of the training etc at Annan?

4 minutes ago, teekasule said:

Higgins will start - other two players will be on the bench I'd imagine. We also have a few pretty decent u20 guys who will be up the pecking order also. Pretty happy with our squad as Armageddon was touted when the wage bill was slashed. 

When you look at the mess Airdrie are in financially when their sugar daddy bailed out, I am satisfied with the squad that Brian Kerr has assembled on a budget that has the club living within its means. Not perfect, as I am sure Kerr himself would admit, expect one or two loan signings to bolster his squad . 

Bearing in mind you had the thickest guy in Scottish football as your manager, will take this on board though as we have only seen 2 of these players playing in one preseason friendly so far.

I'll look forward to Rovers fans opinion of these players during the season.

Nothing surer that there will be many posts regarding the exClyde Duds.

Fine as long as you don't question him, his tactics, team selection, ask about players.

Be a matter of time before he uses the phrase 5 year plan he kept going on about 1 at rovers and am sure he mentioned it at Dumbarton and Annan.

Amazingly we were promoted 6 years after he took over (4 years after he left). Chapman was in the paper the next day saying how it was his plan that got us up taking full credit from himself.

It was the most bizarre interview ever.

Easily wound up about things shouted from the crowd and known to take a major huff.

Nice enough guy outside of football the couple times I have met him.

8 hours ago, coach said:

I quite like Jim and thought he did a good job for Rovers under trying times. Deep guy though the Meet the Manager events were bizarre with Jim coming out guns blazing before anyone had a chance to ask a question and then asking who was posting criticism on the message board using their pseudonym. 

I think he could potentially do a good job for Clyde - will be interesting how it goes with the big time Charlies in the stand though.

Edited by Vodka Vic

14 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Fine as long as you don't question him, his tactics, team selection, ask about players.

Be a matter of time before he uses the phrase 5 year plan he kept going on about 1 at rovers and am sure he mentioned it at Dumbarton and Annan.

Amazingly we were promoted 6 years after he took over (4 years after he left). Chapman was in the paper the next day saying how it was his plan that got us up taking full credit from himself.

Easily wound up about things shouted from the crowd and known to take a major huff.

We were promoted 2 years after we punted him too (after he had already won us the Third Division). The man is a managerial genius.

15 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Yip, done all of that with us. Singled out a fan at a Meet the Manager session (after the person had asked a very reasonable question) citing that he felt the abuse said fan had shouted at our 6-0 trouncing at East Fife (I think) was out of order and thus refused to answer his question. Definitely been a nice guy any time I've met him but when the going gets tough he tends to lash out.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Could anyone suggest the best place to park for our Cup game on Tuesday?

Cheers.

Main St, if you're earlier enough. To the north or the east of the ground, if not.

Say out of Home Bargains, if you want to avoid months of Parking Eye demands.