Should we get rid of diddy teams like St Johnstone and Hamilton to improve the Scottish game?

5 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

slightly hurt that the OP hasn't specified County among the diddy clubs to be purged. We usually star in this kind of thread.

Oh well that must be what happens now we've become Billy Big-time.

I rate Ross County quite highly, Inverness are the main diddy team of the North - thankfully they're back where they belong.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are only two teams too many in Scotland. The Rangers and Celtic. Clubs that exploit sectarianism in order to brainwash docile and weak minded individuals from all over Scotland in order to build huge followings and spread religious hatred. If these two vile institutes didn't exist, then every other Scottish football club would have a healthier support and most likely be better off. FTOF

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

There are only two teams too many in Scotland. The Rangers and Celtic. Clubs that exploit sectarianism in order to brainwash docile and weak minded individuals from all over Scotland in order to build huge followings and spread religious hatred. If these two vile institutes didn't exist, then every other Scottish football club would have a healthier support and most likely be better off. FTOF

I can't fault a word in that.

This post deserves an award tbh.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:47, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that we follow a league where two clubs have won all the titles since the '80s I don't think we're in the best position to cast the first stone on this.

NB
I'm not trying to say that I'm like Jesus Christ here, that's for others to say

"Crucify him!"

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The cryptic ones are a bit tricky mind you

Oh hang on...

I think I might be getting it confused with cruciverbalism

Keep this patter up and I may have cross words with you, buddy.

22 hours ago, thekorean said:

I reckon if Scotland had too many teams to support, capitalism would have eliminated enough clubs to maintain equililbrium through clubs going bust.

This is the very definition of an open goal.

On 2017-7-9 at 11:38, Craig Lea said:

It would help Scottish football if we had fewer teams.  For the size of our population (in relation to say England) each club is carrying too many players.

Reducing the number won't happen because the old die-hard supporters wouldn't let it, but what we need is say one or possibly two teams from Fife meaning mergers of clubs like E. Fife, Dunfermline, Raith and Cowdenbeath, one team from Dundee, one from Stirlingshire, 1 from Lanarkshire, 1 from Ayrshire etc etc.  At present the resources Scotland has are spread too widely and therefore too thinly meaning that some clubs barely exist financially and there is no short or medium term prospect of improving their status.

The result of this is that we would finish up with either 2 leagues of 10 (or possibly 12) and fewer games which could be compensated for by spicing up cup competitions with foreign teams like the Scandinavians/Irish/Welsh.  One thing we can't do is continue as we are which results in our efforts in European being embarrassing and continuously eroding our co-efficient.

Just a thought.

Just a total absence of thought.

Complete, unadulterated horseshit.

It's amazing: almost like UEFA are trying to completely remove the possibility of teams from wee countries qualifying at all.

I don't know why any of you entertain an interest in European football at all; it's utterly bent.

UEFA is as crooked as FIFA - any notion that this was a meritocracy went out when a country's fourth-placed team could win the so-called "Champions" League.

It is heavily weighted in favour of the big countries - and yet the top teams still think the smaller countries have too many places. One wonders why - TV audiences are dropping because everyone is bored seeing the same teams face each other year after year.

We have multiple examples every season on here from people who would love nothing more than making the Scottish Premiership a closed shop with only the 12 best supported teams in the country allowed to compete.

What a time to be alive etc

Oh I want Hamilton out the league but only through football ie relegation, not some fix.

After their shambolic performance tonight, Kilmarnock are next to join the list of diddy teams that should be abolished from Scottish football.

Horrific. 

Should be replaced in the premiership with the local rivals that beat them imo.

Can't be arsed going through the thread but would like to know how the op came to the conclusion top 6 regulars St Johnstone are diddies and missed out many who can only dream of that kind of form whilst spending no money?

Archived