Should we get rid of diddy teams like St Johnstone and Hamilton to improve the Scottish game?

I noticed [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] liked the original post.....

Here's a thought, why not get rid of your dirty cheating b*****d of a team before the likes of St Johnstone & Hamilton. It would certainly bring a bit of respect & credibility back to the top tier......

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, virginton said:

Pretty sure that I haven't tbh; better find another excuse for your celebration of utter failure.

I'm not celebrating anything, the old BoDs failure to loosen the pursestrings is where we are now,

What's your excuse 29 (going on 30) years on?

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm not celebrating anything, the old BoDs failure to loosen the pursestrings is where we are now,

Is it really 29/30 years since Morton were in the top flight? Was vT even a twinkle in his Dad's eye back then?

1 hour ago, theGOAT said:

Martin Canning and Tommy Wright are the 2  most technically and tactically limited managers in the league, they only want to send players out to hoof the ball up to the strikers, or foul players to stop the opposition from playing any form of football.

So - every Hearts team ever then?

A bit embarrassing for a supporter of a team not long out the first division to be slagging established premier league teams..

I don't need to excuse 'celebrating failure', because erm, I don't. As opposed to the gormless Saint Mirren fanbase that just celebrated finishing above a bunch of plumbers and builders on goal difference as if they had won the World Cup.

Swing and a miss.

1499388202391.jpg

11th place in the top league is something a whole generation of soapdodgers  can only dream of. No Mor*on fan under 30 years of age has seen their team play in the top flight.

Apparently, from what you've said before on here, you are old enough to have seen Mor*on play in the top flight of Scottish football.

Well Done.

That must make you feel so superior.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Complains about 'diddy teams' shitfesting their way through top flight seasons; calls for Saint Mirren, kings of the 11th place finish and actual top-flight employers of Gus McPherson to be brought into the league.

Don't think you've quite thought that one through tbh.

St Mirren are on the up with Jack Ross, you'll be scrapping it out near the relegation zone while they'll be up chasing promotion. 

Housty only roughs up the Leith Globetrotters, I'm ok with that one.

St Mirren are on the up with Jack Ross, you'll be scrapping it out near the relegation zone while they'll be up chasing promotion.  Housty only roughs up the Leith Globetrotters, I'm ok with that one.

Maybe your teams should earn their places at the top table.

Dont "Talk the talk", prove both St Mirren & Morton are good enough by winning promotion on merit.

But [mention=72418] theGOAT[/mention] don't take a cheap backhanded shot at 2 established top flight clubs who "walked the walk"......

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Maybe your teams should earn their places at the top table.

Dont "Talk the talk", prove both St Mirren & Morton are good enough by winning promotion on merit.

But [mention=72418] theGOAT[/mention] don't take a cheap backhanded shot at 2 established top flight clubs who "walked the walk"......

Kilmarnock could be next to face the chop with big Jig as manager and signing huddies like Kirk Broadfoot. Shoogly peg.

2 hours ago, theGOAT said:

Falkirk and St Mirren are genuine better fits for the top division rather than these 2 ancient diddy teams.

As a Falkirk fan; I like what this man has to say.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

We should get rid of everyone and just go drinking on Saturdays from August to May......

As a drinker; I also like what this man has to say.

On balance, SJC's proposal is the one I like better. 

Kilmarnock could be next to face the chop with big Jig as manager and signing huddies like Kirk Broadfoot. Shoogly peg.

The difference with you and me mate is even if Killie were to be relegated....

I'll always be comfortable in the knowledge we will never become as much of an irrelevence as St Mirren have become over the last 3 years [emoji108]

St Johnstone should be thrown out of the senior leagues for good on the back of their embarrassing under-14 type strip for this season, although it could be a cunning ploy to weave their way through the opposition as they roll about on the floor pointing and laughing at their £150 for a full set efforts. 

Martin Canning has the tactical nous of a pile of vomit yet he still managed to retain Accies Premiership status ahead of one of the so called " big teams" of Scottish football. Just goes to a how how shite the league below is really.

8 hours ago, theGOAT said:

Serious question, we don't need teams filled with hammer throwers who are managed by members of the jobs for the boys scheme.

Martin Canning and Tommy Wright are the 2  most technically and tactically limited managers in the league, they only want to send players out to hoof the ball up to the strikers, or foul players to stop the opposition from playing any form of football.

The players in each team are just journeyman grafters with 0 footballing ability. Liam Craig, David Wetherspoon, Darian McKinnon and Dougie Imrie sum this category up perfectly.

Falkirk and St Mirren are genuine better fits for the top division rather than these 2 ancient diddy teams.

Thoughts?

Try some.

7 hours ago, sjc said:

We should get rid of everyone and just go drinking on Saturdays from August to May......

That's basically what happened when the pubs shut between 2.30 and 5.00 - drink pre match, carry out to match, drink post match. Those were the days...

Archived