CLARK DRIVE struggling ???????

cannybefukd

Heard C/Drive Amateurs could be in trouble this season,it would be a shame if an honest club of this stature were to fold. They were one of the very few teams who didn't ask the players to contribute any money towards games/training since their conception!!!

About (2?) Seasons ago things changed as it was getting more difficult to raise funds,the players were asked to pay £5 a week to cover costs.(not a lot compared to some) Don't get me started on the "alleged"payments/expenses  :whistle some clubs are paying.

Anyway,I for one hope they can sort things out for the future and get back to where they belong.........challenging for honours.

I'm sure everyone knows how good a club clark drive are in terms of they're club management etc although I do know it has been hard for them over the last wee while to attract the same level of player as they have done in seasons gone by. Days of a clubs name, reputation and facilities enticing lads to sign are long gone unfortunately, days have changed as we all know. I know everyone at the club personally and wish them the best for the near future and hope they can pull together and push onwards.

I've no idea how clubs can expect to survive without players contributing to costs these days.

Our team are £25 per month for each player and we still struggle to cover costs.

It's getting harder and harder to run amateur teams these days.

Shite that as they huv aiy been a big club in Ayrshire. It's awe aboot players and their attitudes to the game these days! If their hawf decent they want money coz they ken theirs clubs oot their that will pay them! They dinnae jist turn up for the enjoyment o the game anymare! If no then they wid much rather get wasted every weekend than kick a baw.

Let's b honest though Premier clubs go tae the wall coz they canny win league coz off the thousands spent at Hur£Ford! Players competing in a league they cunny win so they f**k off and play in a league they cun! Lees will change that this year lolol

3 hours ago, CD 1972 said:

I'm sure everyone knows how good a club clark drive are in terms of they're club management etc although I do know it has been hard for them over the last wee while to attract the same level of player as they have done in seasons gone by. Days of a clubs name, reputation and facilities enticing lads to sign are long gone unfortunately, days have changed as we all know. I know everyone at the club personally and wish them the best for the near future and hope they can pull together and push onwards.

2 hours ago, CD 1972 said:

I know Clark drive ask lads to pay each week plus they do fund raise throughout the season with sportsmans dinners etc but money won't be the issue, recruiting players will be the problem.

Well put CD 1972,maybe I could have worded this post better,I didn't mean they are struggling "because" of now paying to play,I meant they were an honest team that wanted the guys to just enjoy the football for free :huh:.And yes I hope they get it sorted out soon and continue for many more seasons.

I can clarify that we have had 3 boys who were previously at Clark drive attend some of our sessions, one just to keep ticking over and has now went to Irvine vics, Fitzy who is one of my best mates won't commit due to work and another who was at our last session again non committal at this stage. This probably down to our manager having previously been a Clark drive player

I hope they don't, Clark Drive have been around for years and have a great history. Had many a tough game against them. Surely someone can keep them going? Who would go into the premier should they fold?

Archived