Sign in to follow this  
Jim McLean's Ghost

Progrès Niederkorn - Let's All Laugh Now

An absolute joke of a club.

But enough about Rangers.

In all seriousness, that's a shocking result for The Rangers.

Rangers will be turning in their grave.

2C54DD64-5724-49EF-BB2C-FD495338FB73-315-000000A5AFA689EF_tmp.png.653f1f2c3be7bb886b169025e3639666.png

This being reported as the "worst result ever" is ridiculous in so many ways.

Losing to part-timers on your first trip to Europe isn't necessarily terrible, but our press undeniably are.

Utterly hilarious. No disrespect to PN, but surely all Sevco had to do was just be vaguely professional.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This being reported as the "worst result ever" is ridiculous in so many ways.

Losing to part-timers on your first trip to Europe isn't necessarily terrible, but our press undeniably are.

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Just to be clear, the primary reason this is nothing like as bad as the press are making out is that it's a five year old club who are no stranger to defeats against part-timers, and this is their first European excursion. You'd think an established club with a storied European legacy had lost tonight. The Bears should be pissed that the papers are picking on them, the brutes.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just to be clear, the primary reason this is nothing like as bad as the press are making out is that it's a five year old club who are no stranger to defeats against part-timers, and this is their first European excursion. You'd think an established club with a storied European legacy had lost tonight. The Bears should be pissed that the papers are picking on them, the brutes.

I see where you're going, but if it was Livingstone, Gretna or Airdreonians it would be equally embarrassing. 4th best team in Luxembourg ffs.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I see where you're going, but if it was Livingstone, Gretna or Airdreonians it would be equally embarrassing. 4th best team in Luxembourg ffs.

You might be right. I've been assuming that this was a Luxembourg side who were used to playing in Europe, however briefly.

They've qualified twice in 35 seasons.

Niederkorn has a population of about 1800.

I was going to post this is only 100 more than Invergowrie but that's a bit niche and many of you won't be able to picture it.

Where near you has a population similar to Niederkorn so everyone in Scotland can get a good feel as to how pathetic this is?

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Where near you has a population similar to Niederkorn so everyone in Scotland can get a good feel as to how pathetic this is?

Just had a look at the Clackmannanshire settlement stats, and I could only see two places in the Wee County with fewer residents than Niederkorn. However, Coalsnaughton has had hundreds of new houses built in the past few years, so it may well be bigger now. Which leaves us with Glenochil Village - a small group of houses on the B9140, clustered around the local prison, far from civilization.

There are blocks of flats five minutes from my house that have bigger populations than that.

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Niederkorn has a population of about 1800.

I was going to post this is only 100 more than Invergowrie but that's a bit niche and many of you won't be able to picture it.

Airth - 1760

Mostly bluenoses too so quite apt