Hurlford United 17/18

Killiesquirrel

On 01/04/2018 at 14:38, tommyboy said:

I've just been reminded that the Scottish final I mentioned actually took place in 2012 (Talbot won the the Junior version at the same venue on the following day),so no doubt yer man will have slowed doon a tad. :P

With guys like Caddis,Gold,Knapp and Mullen,that wasn't too shabby a Hurlford side.

I think your Wrong ?

the year Hurlford ams won the Scottish was the same year that Hurlford jnrs won it. Theres a big sign as u come into Hurlford one villiage two cups or somthing like that 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Ayrshirejuniors said:

I think your Wrong ?

the year Hurlford ams won the Scottish was the same year that Hurlford jnrs won it. Theres a big sign as u come into Hurlford one villiage two cups or somthing like that 

Hurlford Thistle won the Scottish Amateur Cup  at Livingston in 2012.They then repeated the feat at Rugby Park in 2014.I remember the games quite well as on each occasion I was in attendance hoping for a Colville Park win. :(

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Second Leg programmes available to pre-order (Will be dispatched as soon as collected from printers, so mint condition).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142759213306?ViewItem=&item=142759213306

Being sold on behalf of the club. Avoid disappoinment on the day or collect souvenir if you can't make it.

FrontPage.png

Sorry to disrupt the topic from your Scottish cup semi (obviously more important) But im travelling down from Glasgow for the Ayrshire Cup game against Largs on public transport. What's the best way to get down?

Sorry to disrupt the topic from your Scottish cup semi (obviously more important) But im travelling down from Glasgow for the Ayrshire Cup game against Largs on public transport. What's the best way to get down?
X76 bus from Buchanan Bus Station (Stance 5) to Cumnock goes thru Hurlford and stops a couple of hundred yards from the ground.

www.stagecoach.com for timetable.

Was looking at the Hurlford squad recently and noticed a fair few ex-Stranraer players. Glen and Danny Mitchell, Allan Jenkins, Dean Agnew and current Stranraer player Sam Liddington. I know Angus Cochrane was there at the start of the season but I think I'm right in saying he left? Also was/is Ryan Borris there? Darren Henderson is the manager and Duncan George is involved as well? Have I missed anyone out?

Glen and Danny are in their 5th seasons at Blair Park and were in the side (along with Gus Cochrane) that won the junior cup in 2014. Gus left a few seasons ago to study in Glasgow, but he came back for a few matches to help out this season when the squad was down to it's bare bones.

Jenks joined from Ballymena this season and I believe is still works at Stanraer FC in some capacity; Deano joined from Kilwinning Rangers last season and is unfortunately a fringe player as we have a wealth of talent in the wide midfield positions. Sam Lids is on loan and starts almost every game, a cracking player.

Ryan Borris joined from Kilbirnie, but left after one season at the end of 2015-16 to join Glenafton Athletic, with whom he won the League and Junior Cup double last season. As far as I'm aware he is still at Loch park.

I've just been reminded that the Scottish final I mentioned actually took place in 2012 (Talbot won the the Junior version at the same venue on the following day),so no doubt yer man will have slowed doon a tad. [emoji14]
With guys like Caddis,Gold,Knapp and Mullen,that wasn't too shabby a Hurlford side.

Has Michael Mullen played with the juniors to?

Not sure that you dominated the whole match particularly the first twenty minutes, but you definitely deserved your victory. Hope that's the last game we lose this season against a team in yellow and black [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Archived