Change

sctv

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Bin the juniors and make all Scottish teams play under the same association.

I like the Juniors for what it is. I don't see the attraction of going into an over crowded market which to me seems to rely on that one big pay day that might never happen.  Where as in the Juniors you might get that cup run that gets some interest and cash.  The price allows a lot of people to see games. Going into the EOSFL for example I think would lose clubs revenue aswell.  It might benefit some clubs but I think for my club we are over crowded as it is with Falkirk, stenny, shire and stirling albion all in the senior game

I like the Juniors for what it is. I don't see the attraction of going into an over crowded market which to me seems to rely on that one big pay day that might never happen.  Where as in the Juniors you might get that cup run that gets some interest and cash.  The price allows a lot of people to see games. Going into the EOSFL for example I think would lose clubs revenue aswell.  It might benefit some clubs but I think for my club we are over crowded as it is with Falkirk, stenny, shire and stirling albion all in the senior game

So you wouldn't relish the prospect of a local derby such as Falkirk v Camelon because one is a senior team and one is junior. Both clubs are exactly the same, they have 11 men kicking a ball around a field. It's mental to think local teams can never meet each other because they play under different associations.

I for one would love a potential local tie between Kilmarnock, Ayr or St Mirren.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The only team that makes money in the junior Cup are the runners up and losing semi finalists. Every other fixture will be a loss or not far off it as there is no prize money.

maybe not in terms of prize money but the gates. Camelon did ok with big gates a few years ago against Kilwinning and in previous years when had big ties. I just like it as it is.  But thats just me

16 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

So you wouldn't relish the prospect of a local derby such as Falkirk v Camelon because one is a senior team and one is junior. Both clubs are exactly the same, they have 11 men kicking a ball around a field. It's mental to think local teams can never meet each other because they play under different associations.

I for one would love a potential local tie between Kilmarnock, Ayr or St Mirren.

To be honest not really I don't know if in other districts see these teams as sort of rivals but like. Stenny and shire i look out for their results and like playing them in friendlies but I don't think i'd get all that excited about playing them in the scottish.

what constitutes a kid ?

Primary school age ado U12.

Surely the kid admission is down to individual teams apart from cup games

As it should be. 
If clubs are happy to do it then great but it's hardly a God given right. 

I just think it should be regulated. I was at a match last season (as a neutral) where a fan the visitors was asked to pay for four kids, two of them toddlers. He didn't realise he had to pay as he never had to before.

I also got a mouthful from an away fan last season when I was on the gate at Hurlford, who claimed to be gate person too, who said that it was clubs like ours that made his job harder when he had to charge for kids.

Therefore think it should be regulated and IMO free entry for kids.

Archived