Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We were all sad when 'Jacky' folded.  Good to see that "Dear Cathy and Claire" with their cod advice is alive and well in Tx.

Speaking of deeply unhappy, believing they are under appreciated, and ignored by many…joining the VT club, eh?

18 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Colleague at work has took it upon herself to start messaging a guy in prison in USA. 

He has a track record of incarceration and is a member of a LA/Mexican related gang. Tatooed on the head the lot, (apparently not on the face because he promised his momma he would not do that). 

He and his father got 15-20yrs for a drug deal that went bad.  Turned up at the guy's apartment because the guy was saying he ripped him off, where upon the father shot three of them in the head (two survived).  He admitted knowing his father had a loaded gun and that it was highly likely he would use it.

To add to this she has got a couple of other email colleagues to become pen friends with other guys in USA.

For some reason she cannot understand why I am not taking an interest and hanging on her every word she receives from him. 

So, yesterday...

I asked if the guy was aware she was in a relationship. 

I asked how she would feel if she found out her guy was messaging women in prison behind her back.

I asked that the fact it was International Women's Day if she was considering writing to a fellow sister in prison, perhaps one that had been driven to the extremes due to domestic/sexual exploitation/violence or mental health issues, or was it just about him having a willy.

I asked if it was a good idea to be messaging his mother and giving her mum"s address for any written correspondences.

I asked if she thought that she was the only person he was chatting to.

Apparently now I a p***k and a killjoy for taking an interest.

Get her to write to @Hoose Rice.

54 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

You are bang on with the second part.  And you can ki da be right with the first.  She is  very supportive  person in her job and life in general. According to her they have been like flatmates for a good few years and he does not appear to be willing/able to change (although ironically  things have improved  over the last month yet she only started chatting to this guy a few weeks ago).  It is sad as individually the are really nice people. 

I did ask what she got out of it but a I get back are high pitched screeches from them all for daring to ask.

There is also a site for women to receive pen pals.  It was a female friend that queried why she was writing to males only so she sent me the link to pass on to her.  I had a wee nosey. It is sad reading.

And no. I have not signed up! 

Are you suggesting that there is, in fact, a facility whereby a sad, lonely, middle-aged man could have a pen-pal in some exotic Californian Cornton?

Asking for a friend!

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Some women are seemingly compelled to try to “save” people, and in that context often become attached to the  subjects. If she is in a relationship, it’s even money or better that she’s deeply unhappy and believes she is ignored too often and no appreciated.

tlr.jpg.940ed0f99333bc8ddd16e2b0ac52a5ae.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2022 at 16:10, Miguel Sanchez said:

Me, when I walk into work this morning and see the warehouse has been completely moved around by the new boss despite everyone telling him it's a bad idea:

GIF: Liverpool Turn The Sprinklers On Their Own Fans. | Balls.ie

Part of me wishes I'd kept a track of all the stupid shit this guy has done. The time since this post has been largely something I'll remember in fits and starts on a therapist's couch in a few decades, and even now if I thought about stuff or remembered stuff I'd barely believe it happened.

Anyway, yesterday may have been his worst yet. Relatively senior lassie who's about the nicest person ever who'd been there for seven years has a new job and yesterday was her last day. He didn't come in, or message her, or anything. It's absolutely stunning how bad he's been at everything. I'm convinced he's a plant sent by a rival to get us shut down.

40 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anyway, yesterday may have been his worst yet. Relatively senior lassie who's about the nicest person ever who'd been there for seven years has a new job and yesterday was her last day. He didn't come in, or message her, or anything. It's absolutely stunning how bad he's been at everything. I'm convinced he's a plant sent by a rival to get us shut down.

Name and shame, Senor Sanchez.

On 10/03/2023 at 00:19, Sugar_Army said:

Colleague at work has took it upon herself to start messaging a guy in prison in USA. 

He has a track record of incarceration and is a member of a LA/Mexican related gang. Tatooed on the head the lot, (apparently not on the face because he promised his momma he would not do that). 

He and his father got 15-20yrs for a drug deal that went bad.  Turned up at the guy's apartment because the guy was saying he ripped him off, where upon the father shot three of them in the head (two survived).  He admitted knowing his father had a loaded gun and that it was highly likely he would use it.

To add to this she has got a couple of other email colleagues to become pen friends with other guys in USA.

For some reason she cannot understand why I am not taking an interest and hanging on her every word she receives from him. 

So, yesterday...

I asked if the guy was aware she was in a relationship. 

I asked how she would feel if she found out her guy was messaging women in prison behind her back.

I asked that the fact it was International Women's Day if she was considering writing to a fellow sister in prison, perhaps one that had been driven to the extremes due to domestic/sexual exploitation/violence or mental health issues, or was it just about him having a willy.

I asked if it was a good idea to be messaging his mother and giving her mum"s address for any written correspondences.

I asked if she thought that she was the only person he was chatting to.

Apparently now I a p***k and a killjoy for taking an interest.

One of my first jobs was working for a company that carried out boat movements internationally. I was to room with some Mexican guy who I'd never met. He was flying from California and 5 of us were flying from Scotland to Germany. 

On the way over, one of the guys said I should watch out as the Mexican guy had spent a few years in prison for murder and made a few jokes about sexual assault. I took it as a joke. 

I met the guy and he was ok, bit tense but he said he was tired from jetlag. One of the guys mentioned him going to jail and he started talking about it, saying he caught his ex-wife in bed with another guy and bludgeoned him to death. it was a crime of passion so he only did 8 years. 

We went to our hotel that night (twin beds) and he snored like an absolute c**t, to the point I thought the walls were moving. I was shitting myself but shouted a couple of times to try and wake him up but he didn't stop snoring. 

In the morning, he got up an hour earlier than me to go for a run. he was plodding about the room making loads of noise and then started saying - shut the f**k up in a Scottish accent. I was convinced he was going to kill me at sea. 

The skipper pulled me aside that day to say that the Mexican guy had asked to room with someone else as I was obviously not going to be a good room mate. 

Mixed emotions, going from thinking you will be killed, sexually assaulted or both, in any order to thinking, HE thinks I'M a c**t?