Work colleagues

10 hours ago, derrybiy said:

I've started a job with three Fifers who all support Celtic and don't seem to know much about the rest of Scottish football. Wish me luck.

Do you work in the BBC sports department?

10 hours ago, derrybiy said:

I've started a job with three Fifers who all support Celtic and don't seem to know much about the rest of Scottish football. Wish me luck.

That reads to me that they probably don’t ever go to any matches. Or they only watch the “big games against Them”

Or the usual type of response “ma da was a Sellic man, so wiz ma granda. So that’s how I’m a Sellic supporter!”

”but what about your mothers side?”

”aw naw they’re aw proddies!”

Eh good luck.

Just wind them up by knowing more about their team and history than they. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

That reads to me that they probably don’t ever go to any matches. Or they only watch the “big games against Them”

Or the usual type of response “ma da was a Sellic man, so wiz ma granda. So that’s how I’m a Sellic supporter!”

”but what about your mothers side?”

”aw naw they’re aw proddies!”

Eh good luck.

Just wind them up by knowing more about their team and history than they. 

Call Celtic "The Hibs Tribute Act" for starters

I used to work as a freelance programmer.   I'd gone freelance to earn much more money, and to stay away from office politics. 

One place I worked at, there was a guy that everyone referred to as TC.  "Better ask TC about that"...,  "Where's TC ?"..., etc.   His actual name was Bernie. He seemed a reasonably amicable individual, so I assumed it was something like an in-house humorous reference to Top Cat.

Many weeks in, I asked someone what the TC was all about. 

'That C*nt' was the reply.

I didn't take my questions any further.

On 18/01/2023 at 21:53, Sergeant Wilson said:

A Security Guard, Police  Officer or a Farmer might have reason to have a dog at work. Blind people could have a concession but the rest can forget it. It's bad enough on Teams with clowns showing you their stupid fucking pets, without bringing in to a workplace. They should be made to tie them to a fence outside.

I'm a forester, I'm I allowed?

23 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I used to work as a freelance programmer.   I'd gone freelance to earn much more money, and to stay away from office politics. 

One place I worked at, there was a guy that everyone referred to as TC.  "Better ask TC about that"...,  "Where's TC ?"..., etc.   His actual name was Bernie. He seemed a reasonably amicable individual, so I assumed it was something like an in-house humorous reference to Top Cat.

@topcat(The most tip top)rumbled

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

When I was at uni, one of my mates had a flatmate who was called "The c**t". His was an entirely ironic nickname, however, as he was one of the nicest folk you could meet.

His real name wasn't Bernie though

I think there was a nicknames thread for this pish but anyway:

I read about a guy who joined a workplace and one of the workers was pointed out as having the nickname "Brains in a bucket"

New guy said "but he doesn't have a bucket"

"Exactly" came the reply.

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

When I was at uni, one of my mates had a flatmate who was called "The c**t". His was an entirely ironic nickname, however, as he was one of the nicest folk you could meet.

His real name wasn't Bernie though

It was you, wasn’t it.

• 1 month later...

Colleague at work has took it upon herself to start messaging a guy in prison in USA. 

He has a track record of incarceration and is a member of a LA/Mexican related gang. Tatooed on the head the lot, (apparently not on the face because he promised his momma he would not do that). 

He and his father got 15-20yrs for a drug deal that went bad.  Turned up at the guy's apartment because the guy was saying he ripped him off, where upon the father shot three of them in the head (two survived).  He admitted knowing his father had a loaded gun and that it was highly likely he would use it.

To add to this she has got a couple of other email colleagues to become pen friends with other guys in USA.

For some reason she cannot understand why I am not taking an interest and hanging on her every word she receives from him. 

So, yesterday...

I asked if the guy was aware she was in a relationship. 

I asked how she would feel if she found out her guy was messaging women in prison behind her back.

I asked that the fact it was International Women's Day if she was considering writing to a fellow sister in prison, perhaps one that had been driven to the extremes due to domestic/sexual exploitation/violence or mental health issues, or was it just about him having a willy.

I asked if it was a good idea to be messaging his mother and giving her mum"s address for any written correspondences.

I asked if she thought that she was the only person he was chatting to.

Apparently now I a p***k and a killjoy for taking an interest.

Edited by Sugar_Army

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Ignoring the rest of that horror show, how does this even happen?  What a bizarre way to while away the hours.

Some women are seemingly compelled to try to “save” people, and in that context often become attached to the  subjects. If she is in a relationship, it’s even money or better that she’s deeply unhappy and believes she is ignored too often and no appreciated.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Some women are seemingly compelled to try to “save” people, and in that context often become attached to the  subjects. If she is in a relationship, it’s even money or better that she’s deeply unhappy and believes she is ignored too often and no appreciated.

You are bang on with the second part.  And you can ki da be right with the first.  She is  very supportive  person in her job and life in general. According to her they have been like flatmates for a good few years and he does not appear to be willing/able to change (although ironically  things have improved  over the last month yet she only started chatting to this guy a few weeks ago).  It is sad as individually the are really nice people. 

I did ask what she got out of it but a I get back are high pitched screeches from them all for daring to ask.

There is also a site for women to receive pen pals.  It was a female friend that queried why she was writing to males only so she sent me the link to pass on to her.  I had a wee nosey. It is sad reading.

And no. I have not signed up! 

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

We were all sad when 'Jacky' folded.  Good to see that "Dear Cathy and Claire" with their cod advice is alive and well in Tx.