Work colleagues

43 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, coprolite said:
I've had to look up what GANT polos are. Relieved it's not mints. £75 though. For a tshirt. This country. 

I believe their prices are similar in other countries, too.

Tch, this planet. 

I make no judgement on those who wish to wear a designer polo shirt but merely to point out an interesting linguistic fact that to Gant means to yawn in Scots.

Tam Cowan occasionally uses "ganting" on Off the Ball, presumably Lanarkshire patois as I hadn't heard it in Edinburgh. He uses it to mean rubbish but it seems to mean yawning. I suppose when Tam says "the game's was ganting" he means it was yawn inducing 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I make no judgement on those who wish to wear a designer polo shirt but merely to point out an interesting linguistic fact that to Gant means to yawn in Scots.

Tam Cowan occasionally uses "ganting" on Off the Ball, presumably Lanarkshire patois as I hadn't heard it in Edinburgh. He uses it to mean rubbish but it seems to mean yawning. I suppose when Tam says "the game's was ganting" he means it was yawn inducing 

Means something else in other parts of the country.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gant

33 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

£75 is nothing. I use GANT polos to clean the oil from the dipstick of my Lexus.

Prada is for wearing round the house.

Euphemism?

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As he's a Motherwell fan that seems fairly likely.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Wash your mouth out, best vacuum money can buy.

Big asterisk: unless you need to pick up pet hair from carpet.

But aye, they're grand other than that.

Edit: funny how we're apparently going to break the EU limitations on vacuum cleaner power usage, considering the ones on the market now must be the most effective that have ever been on the market. They make them suck any harder and the hospitals are going to be full of penile degloving incidents.

Edited by BFTD

My (now ex) work had a rule. Over 2.5hrs from your door, you stay the night. My job Monday and Tuesday was *timed* as 2hrs 22mins from my door so no hotel. It took over 3hrs up and near 4hrs home. Work programs are sent out on the previous Friday any changes, in writing and confirm by email. Thursday I was past the Edinburgh bypass when I got a call asking why I was there as my work had changed. I was supposed to be in Largs. They emailed at midnight to tell me the change. :lol:

Friday's work was "really needing done, gave you it as it's Near and in Perth cos it's your last day".

Emailed just before I was meant to be on site to say I'm off.

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Jesus, I read that as 'penile dogloving' and wondered where the feck Dave was going with that..........................

Hey, it's Friday, and the night is still young.