Work colleagues

Well, unlike the empty kettle in [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkay[/mention] 's kitchen, this thread is heating up nicely. [emoji1787]

One of many reasons why I avoided employing people outside my family.
When you're the boss of the house you can simply lay down a rule and enforce it with an iron fist not too dissimilar to a youthful Julius Caesar but without the knife in the back from my mates. [emoji2]

^^^^ Leader of Milleranial type cult, fancies himself as a Jim Jones figure with a Jesus complex.
Guaranteed to be laying new sections of patio / slabbing in his back gairden on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I know exactly what happened and who was responsible.

Probably.

You should have left a note saying "I spat in this kettle"

Of course, you'd have been stymied if, when you came back, someone had appended "So did I".

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well, unlike the empty kettle in @Melanius Mullarkay 's kitchen, this thread is heating up nicely. 🤣

People getting annoyed at empty kettles.

People getting annoyed at full kettles.

Polar bears dying in their millions.

And we have our first accusation of "moron" behaviour. 🤣

Fabulous stuff folks.

One of many reasons why I avoided employing people outside my family.
When you're the boss of the house you can simply lay down a rule and enforce it with an iron fist not too dissimilar to a youthful Julius Caesar but without the knife in the back from my mates. 😃

Working with family is the only thing I can think of that is worse than working with other people.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

Boiling more water than you need wastes energy. 

People who fill up kettles are personally responsible for polar bears going extinct. 

Some fanny at my previous office put up a laminated notice asking people to refill the kettle. I never did because I'm a maverick who makes my own rules. 

"I have refilled the kettle. Please note that as you did not specify to refill it with water your tea might taste funny...."

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Working with family is the only thing I can think of that is worse than working with other people.

Trying to work out whether that would be a good or bad thing when it came to office nights out.

Edited by GordonD

One of the girls at work told me today that if it wasn't for her boyfriend she'd go to Ukraine and fight the Russians.

Also, that wasn't the real Eminem at the Superbowl last night.

There was a really weird, long running conspiracy theory in Russian media and social media of young female Ukrainian or Baltic snipers fighting alongside Chechens and Georgians against Russian troops. Probably some strange wish fulfillment going on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tights

There was a really weird, long running conspiracy theory in Russian media and social media of young female Ukrainian or Baltic snipers fighting alongside Chechens and Georgians against Russian troops. Probably some strange wish fulfillment going on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tights
The image of this woman in white stockings is more terrifying than any sniper.

Does anyone else have selfish c***s in the office at work?? We get a lot of reps/customers handing stuff in the office, but nothing ever gets handed out to me and my team in the yard. A few years ago a driver asked if he could join the lottery syndicate only to be told "no, it's for office staff only" the office staff might get the sales, but it's the yard guys that are busting a gut to get the orders out of the door. If was the boss in a similar place, I'd make sure everyone was treated the same.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Does anyone else have selfish c***s in the office at work?? We get a lot of reps/customers handing stuff in the office, but nothing ever gets handed out to me and my team in the yard. A few years ago a driver asked if he could join the lottery syndicate only to be told "no, it's for office staff only" the office staff might get the sales, but it's the yard guys that are busting a gut to get the orders out of the door. If was the boss in a similar place, I'd make sure everyone was treated the same.

2 reasons for this :-

1.That's because you never do a full days work. Obviously you've been clocked refusing to serve a customer at 4.45 pm.

2. You and your yardies are the plongeurs of your company.

15 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

2 reasons for this :-

1.That's because you never do a full days work. Obviously you've been clocked refusing to serve a customer at 4.45 pm.

2. You and your yardies are the plongeurs of your company.

Yardie?? It's not 80s London m8

Edited by philpy