Work colleagues

On 22/01/2022 at 22:02, BFTD said:

I may have mentioned it at the time, but last year one of my former colleagues was arrested and allowed to resign after getting up to some very deviant shit involving cameras and fitting rooms. Just heard that another co-worker has been sentenced to two years at Her Majesty's pleasure for being a dirty pervert, including "inappropriate behaviour" with vulnerable persons.

Starting to think this is a Yewtree-type situation, and that the net is closing in. Can I hide out at your bit, P&B?

Two down, one to go...

My wife is on a Teams call just now. Her whole team are shitting themselves. 

They had a colleague who left in the summer. She was utterly useless and they have spent the last 6 months fixing all the mistakes she made. When she left they all went out for lunch to celebrate her going. 

They all liked her as a person but she was just a liability. 

Anyway, a new job advert for the team has gone up and she has texted one of the girls asking about the job. They are all worried that she'll go for it and get it. 

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

They had a colleague who left in the summer. She was utterly useless and they have spent the last 6 months fixing all the mistakes she made. When she left they all went out for lunch to celebrate her going. 

Anyway, a new job advert for the team has gone up and she has texted one of the girls asking about the job. They are all worried that she'll go for it and get it. 

Sounds like the team needs to arrange a sit-down with HR.

An entire department saying "don't rehire this person, they were shite" ought to be enough for all but the most demented of employers.

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Did they raise any issues before she left?

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

Sounds like the team needs to arrange a sit-down with HR.

An entire department saying "don't rehire this person, they were shite" ought to be enough for all but the most demented of employers.

I'll give you one guess what department they all work in...

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'll give you one guess what department they all work in...

"Sorry hen, looks like HR have decided to go another way"
"But you ARE HR!"
"Aye, I'll be putting in a strongly-worded letter to myself about it later on, don't you worry"

• 3 weeks later...

People that turn up for a Teams call 15mins late and then, shock horror, the call goes at least 15mins over. A total lack of respect for people's time. 

If you're late, especially without notice of it, your priorities are relegated to last on the agenda. And when time runs out, that's too bad. 

Infuriating. 

Just had two in-service days here and the sheer laziness of some people boils my urine. 50 minutes coffee break, sitting waiting on the canteen woman preparing lunch then complain there wasn't enough time to clear their midden of a classroom. No weans here is the ideal time to do all the annoying wee things but they'd rather talk mince and swipe their phones.

People that turn up for a Teams call 15mins late and then, shock horror, the call goes at least 15mins over. A total lack of respect for people's time. 
If you're late, especially without notice of it, your priorities are relegated to last on the agenda. And when time runs out, that's too bad. 
Infuriating. 
People that are late for anything, full stop.

People that are late for anything, full stop.
There are friends of my missus who are like this. Fucking infuriating. If they arrange anything involving me I always make a point of getting her to agree to an hour earlier than we actually want to meet, it's that bad.

Just...f**k off and be on time.

There are friends of my missus who are like this. Fucking infuriating. If they arrange anything involving me I always make a point of getting her to agree to an hour earlier than we actually want to meet, it's that bad.

My wife might possibly be a friend of your wife. [emoji36]

Went along to the kettle holding and associated food preparation room (photocopier and microwave room) and stuck a mugsworth of water in the kettle to make a cup of tea.  Nipped out for a slash, came back in and some w****r has filled the kettle up (above the safe maximum limit of 1.7 litres I may add) and started boiling the kettle again. They've also fucked off probably in the knowledge its going to take about an hour for that kettle to boil. 

Ive emptied their water out, left enough for my cup, boiled it and left the kettle empty.

Bad kettle etiquette on a Friday? Not on my watch cunto.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've a stepdaughter I considered doing that with.

Went along to the kettle holding and associated food preparation room (photocopier and microwave room) and stuck a mugsworth of water in the kettle to make a cup of tea.  Nipped out for a slash, came back in and some w****r has filled the kettle up (above the safe maximum limit of 1.7 litres I may add) and started boiling the kettle again. They've also fucked off probably in the knowledge its going to take about an hour for that kettle to boil. 
Ive emptied their water out, left enough for my cup, boiled it and left the kettle empty.

Folk that habitually boil a full kettle in order to make a cup of coffee should be put in the stocks, then racked, then hung, drawn & Quartered.

11 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Folk that habitually boil a full kettle in order to make a cup of coffee should be put in the stocks, then racked, then hung, drawn & Quartered.

I see you're both steamed up about it and about to boil over.

We've got one of those water heater things. It drips boiling water onto my hand and is annoying.