Work colleagues

Just now, scottsdad said:

Fair point, but the questions asked weren't just about the presentation but if this person was a leader in their field etc etc. And as a fair number of our staff had had dealings with him before, it opened the door. 

Was he told and given the opportunity to address the issues raised? Probably not, since he got the job. He seems to have been on a hiding to nothing, going into a hostile environment, based on hearsay and unsubstantiated grudges.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

For 50 years?

Not judging here but I must admit I've never been like this so we're not on the same page at all.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to cure cancer and I never believed I was doing anything vital but I did always enjoy the nature of the work and keeping busy. If a job was rubbish or stressful, I found ways of retraining and moving on rapidly to do more enjoyable things but my worst nightmare would be to spend 50 years sitting around counting the minutes till home time.

How do you find meaning in your life when you spend 8-11 hours every day (including lunchtimes and commuting) not fully engaging in what you do?

^^^ Abso-fúcking-lutely judging here. 😂

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was he told and given the opportunity to address the issues raised? Probably not, since he got the job. He seems to have been on a hiding to nothing, going into a hostile environment, based on hearsay and unsubstantiated grudges.

From what we've been told the hearsay seems to have been substantiated.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, some of our staff had worked with him before in various capacities. 

For myself, I hadn't come across him until this and was very open minded. Then he started being a bellend. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

No, some of our staff had worked with him before in various capacities. 

For myself, I hadn't come across him until this and was very open minded. Then he started being a bellend. 

Everyone I ever worked with is a liar and a thief...do you believe me, would you act on that information?

He has not.
This morning’s meeting was to tell us that the senior boss will be supervising our team while middle management cunto takes a leave of absence on medical grounds.
Turns out he fucked off early yesterday to get a sick line for stress…
Knew he was going to get found out for being a lazy c**t and went for the one defence that can't be questioned imo.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's impossible for EVERYONE to do something they enjoy. It's great you were able to do that, not everyone can. Someone, somewhere needs to do a job they don't like out of necessity, it doesn't make them stupid or wasteful of their life. 

Oaksoft's been banging on with this "look at all the thicko paupers who do thicko things" stuff for years.

He's had the concepts of money, bills, and the reality of living on low wages explained to him on multiple occasions but he refuses to acknowledge it, so it's time to assume it's all part of the raging Tory Boy image. He's just better than you; deal with it.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Oaksoft's been banging on with this "look at all the thicko paupers who do thicko things" stuff for years.

He's had the concepts of money, bills, and the reality of living on low wages explained to him on multiple occasions but he refuses to acknowledge it, so it's time to assume it's all part of the raging Tory Boy image. He's just better than you; deal with it.

I particularly liked his "how do you find any meaning in life if you're just counting the time down until home time?" as if people can only find meaning in their life through work. I found meaning in my life through the relationships I have with others, music, football and golf. Work doesn't even enter that conversation, it's something I do that lets me enjoy the things I like doing.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I particularly liked his "how do you find any meaning in life if you're just counting the time down until home time?" as if people can only find meaning in their life through work. I found meaning in my life through the relationships I have with others, music, football and golf. Work doesn't even enter that conversation, it's something I do that lets me enjoy the things I like doing.

Years ago, he claimed to be retiring to somewhere remote because he hates other people, yet now seems to be spending his retirement broadcasting to those people about everything that makes them inferior to him.

If any of that is true, I don't think "meaning" and "enjoyment" are very high up on his list of priorities.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Some folk live to work. Some folk work to live.

• 3 weeks later...