Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Interesting. Now have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss this - seems the nuclear option has been pressed.

You're in danger of this dragging out like a post-Season 7 US TV drama now.

Go out on a high - kill everyone and pin it on the evil professor. Final shot: you speeding off into the sunset on your motorbike, twirling your moustache evilly. Credits.

Interesting. Now have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss this - seems the nuclear option has been pressed.
giphy.gif

Does the Nuclear Option want to know perhaps...
Why is a recently recruited (six figure salary) renowned Professor, now working in our Student Admissions Office? [emoji848]

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm saying it because actually getting some of these policies to pay out has been a long standing problem going back decades.

All I'm suggesting is that people pay special attention to the terms and conditions and the exceptions which are not covered.

I’ve got a mate who worked offshore and was paying £40 ish a month for life insurance, income protection and critical illness cover. He reviewed the paperwork set up by his mortgage broker and none of the policies would pay out if he died whilst at work where he spends 6 months of the year….

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

giphy.gif

Someone has pointed the Nuclear option towards Scotland's premier football forum.........

(anything to get away from mortgage/life insurance drivel that has crept in)

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

58 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve got a mate who worked offshore and was paying £40 ish a month for life insurance, income protection and critical illness cover. He reviewed the paperwork set up by his mortgage broker and none of the policies would pay out if he died whilst at work where he spends 6 months of the year….

Unless i'm missing something fairly obvious, why would income protection pay out if he died?

If you think we have a problem with our housing market, then spare a thought for those in Oz.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/northern-beaches-house-prices-jump-867500-in-a-year-rising-417-an-hour-1099065/amp/

The cost of buying a house on Sydney’s northern beaches has jumped by a jaw-dropping $867,500 over the past year, new data reveals,equating to a cool $417 an hour based on a 40-hour working week.

The median house price for the region is now $2,747,500, up 46.1 per cent to the year ending September, the latest Domain House Price Report, released on Thursday shows.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

And?

There was more chance of it paying out if he died.

Although according to the original post it wouldn't have, which seems odd

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

There was more chance of it paying out if he died.

Although according to the original post it wouldn't have, which seems odd

I would imagine life insurance for an offshore worker would be more expensive as it is higher risk. I would also expect an offshore worker's employer to have life insurance policies in place for employees dying at work, which is likely why it wasn't covered to keep the cost down.

Still not sure why the OP was shocked that income protection would not pay out in the event of death - it's not designed to.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I would imagine life insurance for an offshore worker would be more expensive as it is higher risk. I would also expect an offshore worker's employer to have life insurance policies in place for employees dying at work, which is likely why it wasn't covered to keep the cost down.

Still not sure why the OP was shocked that income protection would not pay out in the event of death - it's not designed to.

I think he just worded his post badly, I don't think he expected income protection to pay out in the event of death.

But maybe I'm wrong! :)

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think he just worded his post badly, I don't think he expected income protection to pay out in the event of death.

Who knows 😂

Maybe there's an argument here for teaching kids about this stuff in schools though.

55 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I’ve definitely worded it badly ^, was more in reference to the £40 for the full package(which I thought was a lot). I’d have expected critical illness or life insurance to pay out if it was related to a work accident etc but after he reviewed the paperwork there was an exemption for work related accidents etc