Work colleagues

If I'm away for work it's usually a few days or a week and I claim for things that aren't my everyday expenses.,  So I don't claim for lunches as I'd be buying my lunch anyway.  I do always get taxis or Ubers everywhere and claim it.  A few years ago I went abroad for work and my taxi bills to and from the airport cost more than the flights.

Nah screw that, I claim for everything when i am away. Starbucks always got me as I never ever ask for a receipt but then I figured out they would accept a screen shot of the purchase in the app on my phone.

My work are really good on expenses. They see it as you are away because of them so they take care of you from the moment you leave until your home again. So it’s unlimited but don’t take the piss. One of our guys went to VeeamOn in Vegas and was claiming $60 for breakfast $10 for food and $50 tip (we did wonder if he got a happy ending with it) he was told he’d be reimbursed half the tip, he left 2 weeks later.

My best expense claimed? My ticket to the watch Barcelona v Juventus in the champions league while I was at vmworld! And a pile of water as I was fcuked from the drink the night before. My boss put it under entertainment. He said if anyone asked I got a meal with it.

21 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I think you have misunderstood me. I meant if he eats lunch in his car its going to create crumbs and mess so claiming for a car valet is a legit expense IMO

Gotcha.

Too many dots for me to join there mate!

Those guys would not only have claimed the car valet fee, but dry cleaning bill for their suits!

Back in the 80’s I was advised to never put a root on a company card, I never did anyway.  Last job my boss enjoyed his wine (as I did/do) and it was usually anything in the $75-100 range. He’d get me to pay on my company instead if his as he signed off on my expenses.

Edited by Eednud

On 25/06/2021 at 17:57, WeAreElgin said:

Dozy c***s that say shit like "the expenses limit is a limit and not a target" were my favourite. Spewing c***s having to approve my £29.85 evening meal which clearly shows a £4.85 meal and £25 of pints on the receipt. I guess those days are probably over. emoji22.png

On 26/06/2021 at 10:42, TAFKAM said:

You occasionally get hotels that tell you everything on the receipt will be down as 'food' 😉😉😉 but it's increasingly rare in my experience.

Many years ago I was working with a company and travelling down to London every week for the whole week, did it for months, but they flew us business class and we ripped the arse right out of the business lounge bar. But more important was the £28 limit on night time meals, which apparently could only include one alcoholic drink (was never sure if this was a myth) anyway we found this bar that only ever printed "food & drink" on the receipts, it was glorious, could get like a £5/6 burger and the rest on pints. 

On 25/06/2021 at 20:45, Shipa said:

I would agree that it is a legit expense. If you're office based, the company will probably employ a cleaner to clean the office at the company's expense. If the guy is on the road all the time, his car is effectively his office, why shouldn't it also be cleaned at the company's expense.

OK, just for the sake of argument -

Many companies provide uniforms to staff and pay to have them laundered.  So, the sales guy is entitled to have his/her suit cleaned as it's their uniform?  In fact, the company should actually pay for the suits as well.

On 26/06/2021 at 04:05, steelmen said:

Nah screw that, I claim for everything when i am away. Starbucks always got me as I never ever ask for a receipt but then I figured out they would accept a screen shot of the purchase in the app on my phone.

My work are really good on expenses. They see it as you are away because of them so they take care of you from the moment you leave until your home again. So it’s unlimited but don’t take the piss. One of our guys went to VeeamOn in Vegas and was claiming $60 for breakfast $10 for food and $50 tip (we did wonder if he got a happy ending with it) he was told he’d be reimbursed half the tip, he left 2 weeks later.

My best expense claimed? My ticket to the watch Barcelona v Juventus in the champions league while I was at vmworld! And a pile of water as I was fcuked from the drink the night before. My boss put it under entertainment. He said if anyone asked I got a meal with it.

The above is how it should be done by both the employer and employee.  

I commuted to Kent for the best part of a year and absolutely everything was on expenses, literally. I only spent money at the weekend when I was home. Never saved so much money in my life. I also earned enough Marriott points for a 7 night stay in Las Vegas and a 2 nighter at the Dalmahoy. 

On 26/06/2021 at 10:42, TAFKAM said:

You occasionally get hotels that tell you everything on the receipt will be down as 'food' 😉😉😉 but it's increasingly rare in my experience.

I used to work with a guy who had to commute regularly to Bournemouth and he said that the local Spearmint Rhino would show up on all receipts as "SR Bar and Grill".  He was a dirty dog so imagine he found this useful.

36 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I used to work with a guy who had to commute regularly to Bournemouth and he said that the local Spearmint Rhino would show up on all receipts as "SR Bar and Grill".  He was a dirty dog so imagine he found this useful.

I'm by no means surprised by that. Years ago, I was in Sheffield for a few days on a training course, and the folk at the training centre said that the first thing most of their clients asked about was the Spearmint Rhino in the city centre.

A lot of the money that goes into those places must come from travelling businessmen, so it's not much of a surprise they'd help them hide their expense claims wherever possible.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I commuted to Kent for the best part of a year and absolutely everything was on expenses, literally. I only spent money at the weekend when I was home. Never saved so much money in my life. I also earned enough Marriott points for a 7 night stay in Las Vegas and a 2 nighter at the Dalmahoy. 

^^^Nigel Farage

For the last 18 months, my work has empowered the management to give us gifts from the company that reflects their personality. It actually made me tense when I found out they were doing it. 

The thought that managers were now going to be inflicting their flair, creativity and personality on you under the pretence of doing something nice. Especially to someone from Scotland. 

My first gift was a box of dried meat (my boss is French) the note said, like her it was traditionally French, with a proud French heritage. I’m vegetarian.

The second gift was a company branded Sushi storage box. I checked the corporate store and it cost €50 so I am guessing it was her budget and she was stuck for something pretentious to get me.

The last gift I got was prints of shite pictures that her friend painted of her home town. So she must have flung her pal a few quid on the company expenses.

I hate my work. This idea makes it worse, just give me vouchers or pay for a night out like you used to. 

18 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Anytime I've been away with work, I've found most places are more than willing to give you your bar receipt with something vague like "Food" on it for expense purposes. 

A lot of service industry staff don't have English as a first language. (Probably still better than me tbf) But I find the conversations were quite difficult.

"I know it's a pint, but can you put it through as soup?

You want a pint of soup?"

A lot of service industry staff don't have English as a first language. (Probably still better than me tbf) But I find the conversations were quite difficult.
 "I know it's a pint, but can you put it through as soup?
You want a pint of soup?"

Did you try saying the same words but really slowly and really loudly, turning midway through to get your mates attention so that he can laugh along?

I believe that's popular in some places.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Did you try saying the same words but really slowly and really loudly, turning midway through to get your mates attention so that he can laugh along?

I believe that's popular in some places.

And if that fails perhaps try the England-fan-abroad approach and lob some patio furniture about?

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

For the last 18 months, my work has empowered the management to give us gifts from the company that reflects their personality. It actually made me tense when I found out they were doing it. 

The thought that managers were now going to be inflicting their flair, creativity and personality on you under the pretence of doing something nice. Especially to someone from Scotland. 

My first gift was a box of dried meat (my boss is French) the note said, like her it was traditionally French, with a proud French heritage. I’m vegetarian.

The second gift was a company branded Sushi storage box. I checked the corporate store and it cost €50 so I am guessing it was her budget and she was stuck for something pretentious to get me.

The last gift I got was prints of shite pictures that her friend painted of her home town. So she must have flung her pal a few quid on the company expenses.

I hate my work. This idea makes it worse, just give me vouchers or pay for a night out like you used to. 

smash-gift-colbert.gif

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You're a failed vegetarian if you haven't mentioned it every 5 minutes.

I'm with the boss here. It's a shite idea but you're a big weirdo.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson