Work colleagues

Strange conversation this morning discussing not only N’Golo Kante’s outstanding performance last night, but also his excellent footballing ability, work ethic and generally being a good person. 

Colleague 1 - “he still drives about in a second hand mini that he got when he’s at Leicester, seems pretty down to earth”

My boss - “probably because he’ll send most of his money back to his village, a lot of them do that”

Me - “a lot of who do what?”

My boss - “African players, they send their money back to the villages and stuff”

Me - “Eh, I’m pretty sure N’Golo Kante is from Paris”

My Boss - “you know what I mean”

That was the end of that conversation. 

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Strange conversation this morning discussing not only N’Golo Kante’s outstanding performance last night, but also his excellent footballing ability, work ethic and generally being a good person. 

Colleague 1 - “he still drives about in a second hand mini that he got when he’s at Leicester, seems pretty down to earth”

My boss - “probably because he’ll send most of his money back to his village, a lot of them do that”

My boss - “African players, they send their money back to the villages and stuff”

He'll only be on about a grand a week at Chelsea too, if he's sending some home he won't have that much left for himself.

25 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He'll only be on about a grand a week at Chelsea too, if he's sending some home he won't have that much left for himself.

That's a fortune for them though mate. Got to consider that. Could feed the whole village with that not a problem. Sink a new well or some such

Edited by madwullie

35 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I didn't realise Boris Johnson would be working so soon after getting married?

Anyone left a job when dept are already stretched?

I've got a reasonable chance of a move shortly but have a slight guilt about the colleagues left behind in that scenario.

A little stockholm syndrome perhaps but the management are hopeless. I'm not irreplaceable by any means but it'll leave a gap approaching holiday season etc.
Update to say the job offer came through today.
Will likely resign on Monday (boss is currently off) which will give time for paperwork etc.

Thanks for the advice etc [emoji1303]

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

WFH and my internet has went down. Apparantly will be restored in 34 hours... 

I'm scheduled as off tomorrow so this has potential. 

How are you able to post on P&B with no internet?

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

How are you able to post on P&B with no internet?

4g. I only use PnB on my mobile anyway. 

Unfortunately the estimate of 34 hours was pish and it was back up and running within 2 hours. Just when I had settled down to a life of terrestrial TV for entertainment, had just got into an episode of come dine with me and everything. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Just when I had settled down to a life of terrestrial TV for entertainment, had just got into an episode of come dine with me and everything

Cut yourself some slack, it's Friday afternoon. Get back to the TV, open a beer and enjoy.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

It was initially 39 hours too. God knows how they figure this out. 

Reminds me of the joke about the guy at a museum, looking at a dinosaur skeleton. He asks the guide, "How old is this skeleton?"

The guide tells him "Sixty-five million years and six months, sir!"

"How do you know that so exactly?" the guy asks.

The guide tells him, "Well, on my first day in the job they told me it was sixty-five million years old, and I've been here six months..."

Went into work for an in service day yesterday which was a bit pish but aye, fine. Went in today for the second with all the other Physics teachers to find that the Chemistry teachers were all working from home today. The head of Chemistry is also the head of Physics and he didn't tell us this. But the Biology teachers all seemed to know that was the plan. Raging. Wasted fuel, money for my lunch and the potential for a long lie for nothing.

On 30/05/2021 at 12:54, MONKMAN said:

When are people just going to admit you lot are better at sports, and that's just a simple fact?

On 25/05/2021 at 15:08, V.Aye.R said:

I say *slight* guilt, its more about negotiating past all the dispair of colleagues in the short term emoji23.png

They also have the choice to leave if they don’t like it. When employers manage their businesses and employees become disengaged and leave that’s on employers. 

Many employers think they are doing you a favour simply by letting you exist.

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

No work colleagues at the moment, I got fired on Tuesday whilst on medical leave of absence at their suggestion!

That might be the most American thing anyone's ever posted on here  :mellow:

You get any kind of severance package, at least?