Work colleagues

59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The wife starts a new job at the start of May and in between she's taking the last week of her employment off as a holiday to get stuff done around the house, take the dog on longer walks etc.  Her last day is tomorrow and she's been talking to HR about it and apparently when they calculate her holiday and TOIL accrued, she has to work for 45 minutes on Monday, and they aren't just letting it slide.

45 minutes ffs.

Go in 45 minutes before closing time, and send out a pile of queries for someone else to sort out the next day.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The wife starts a new job at the start of May and in between she's taking the last week of her employment off as a holiday to get stuff done around the house, take the dog on longer walks etc.  Her last day is tomorrow and she's been talking to HR about it and apparently when they calculate her holiday and TOIL accrued, she has to work for 45 minutes on Monday, and they aren't just letting it slide.

45 minutes ffs.

Tell here to take in a big cake as a sort of final farewell.  It will be so disruptive, they will wonder why they bothered.  

12 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I have a friend in Belgium who played professional football over there, before starting his own cleaning company (some career change) in Brussels. He now owns several cleaning companies, does all the high rise and government buildings and is phenomenally wealthy. f**k what your so called mates say, if it’s what want to do then do it.

Name? I wanna look up his career.

I hope somebody's going to eventually say: "Jokes don't carry well across email as we told one wifey that she had to work 45 mins on a Monday before she left... and she actually turned up :lol:"

It's just depressing otherwise.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

What will they do if she just doesn't work the 45 minutes? 

You've already said she won't ever get back. 

Tell them to GTF. 

Potentially could cite breach of contract/refusal to work notice period and withhold wages. It would be utter scumbag behaviour but I’d just go in and fanny around for 45 mins to ensure they had to pay me in full, as this arsehole seems like the type who would happily use it.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Potentially could cite breach of contract/refusal to work notice period and withhold wages. It would be utter scumbag behaviour but I’d just go in and fanny around for 45 mins to ensure they had to pay me in full, as this arsehole seems like the type who would happily use it.

Yeah. 45 minutes of this in response to absolutely everything

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

I wonder if she could tie up HR with a nonsense query and time it. When it gets to the 44th minute say "You wasted my time, I've wasted yours, hope there's a lesson there and f**k you" and put the phone down.

My mode of transport to work would be delayed but I'd volunteer to make up the time. The first fifteen minutes after arrival would be taken up with as much time wasting as possible. Stuff like getting things ready for starting work, making coffee/tea etc. Then I'd go for a shite and leave it unflushed which would waste another fifteen minutes, then I'd take the last quarter of an hour getting ready to leave. Although I'd try to leave maybe about a minute earlier if I could.

Guest bernardblack
3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Go in 45 minutes before closing time, and send out a pile of queries for someone else to sort out the next day.

Haha! 

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Potentially could cite breach of contract/refusal to work notice period and withhold wages. 

They could only withhold 45 minutes of wages, surely? 

Edited by Mr. Alli

I think the best revenge is no revenge.   Go into work like it is a normal working day.  Do all the things she would normally do.  If anyone comes over to talk say "I'm sorry, I need to get on with my work", regardless of whether she is doing anything useful or not.  After 45 minutes just get up and leave.  Don't say Goodbye to anyone.  After all she has already left apart from this petty 45 minutes.

After that they will have no hold over her at all and that will probably frustrate them enormously.

Maybe say "Okay that's me. I am off to Spain!"

That will confuse them completely.  "What did she mean.  I am off to Spain.  You're not allowed to travel anywhere just now"

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

45 minutes ffs.

That's the sort of carry on my work would pull. Seen folk going in to work for 20 minutes on the last shift of the year as they've not enough holidays to cover the full day.

My mate was due to leave the army, and didn't shave before the parade thingy on his last full day. Having been warned about this before and due to giving the supervisor manny (is it a Sergeant?) cheek when bollocked about it, he had to spend a week in the Colchester jail before they'd let him leave. This was like 20 odd years ago so i don't know if they'd still pull that.