Work colleagues

Mind when you were off sick at school, and your brain would be frantically buzzing away for excuses not to go back? I've got that just now.

Several colleagues have apparently quit in the last couple of months, and everything I'm getting from the ones I'm in touch with is that they're depressed as f**k at the thought of returning. One's already taken an advance bollocking for the state of the workplace that they haven't returned to yet, and haven't been near in months  :lol:

I've still heard nothing from my work despite them having been all over social media talking about reopening on the 26th. In the meantime I've been offered my old job back which means that I won't have to work with:

A drink-driving domestic abuser,
Someone with large debts to his dealer,
Someone who put a cigarette out on a (female) colleague's face, and
Someone to whom the boss gives whisky to ensure they get through the shift without punching a wall.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've still heard nothing from my work despite them having been all over social media talking about reopening on the 26th. In the meantime I've been offered my old job back which means that I won't have to work with:

Someone to whom the boss gives whisky to ensure they get through the shift without punching a wall.

I'll be sorry to lose you.

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I presume heard about all this before you left your old job, and joined this cast of characters purely for material for a book?

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Jesus man, where did you work?

Jesus man, where did you work?
Hospitality.

The boss' favourite joke is to go up to members of staff straight-faced and tell them they're fired, that it's been clear for a while things haven't been working out and they need to have their things out of staff accommodation by the end of the week.

He's made multiple people cry with this "joke". I'll be back there for three weeks before starting my new job and I cannot fucking wait to call his bluff.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hospitality.

The boss' favourite joke is to go up to members of staff straight-faced and tell them they're fired, that it's been clear for a while things haven't been working out and they need to have their things out of staff accommodation by the end of the week.

He's made multiple people cry with this "joke". I'll be back there for three weeks before starting my new job and I cannot fucking wait to call his bluff.

Inhospitality no?

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Are you Prince Harry?

Hospitality.

Everybody I've met in hospitality are all irrationally angry all the time.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hospitality.

image.jpeg.284ca6b96fb4d7ea766ac52d24102dbd.jpeg

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hospitality.

^^^Works for David Brent 

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hospitality.

Has anybody chinned him?

I've recently switched teams in my role and my previous team leader was really relaxed and never around. It was bliss, we don't have a lot to do right now so he was pretty much happy as long as you logged in and out at the right times but this new one is clearly one of those that loves having everyone on zoom because they don't know how to amuse themselves, these people are thriving in the pandemic, they have a captive audience to have bland patter with. Just had to sit through 2 hours of icebreakers (been in the role for 8 months) and having to share "funny" stories from the past few months at work, there's only so many times you can fake laughter at someone left their mic on. Brutal. She's now saying we should do quizzes to pass the time, just let me go and play my PS5 f**k sake.