Thats me now furloughed. Knew it was coming, just not enough work, but theyve projected it will stay until May/June, i thought itd be some kinda rolling 3 week basis where they kept reviewing it. They did say theyll kerp in touch if anything changes.

Got a feeling if/when im back in the office im basically going to look like this, right down to the scruffy facial hair, especially if those nurse pics keep appearing in the covid thread

9de.thumb.jpg.81143a97d8bba5643f8ecf58f3977e95.jpg

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 02/04/2020 at 13:38, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Couple of days before her start date, Cunty Cunterson's new employer gets in touch to explain that, sorry, we're shutting down operations for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19, so we're not in a position to take you on after all. She then had the brass neck to go crawling back to the High Heid Yins to try to withdraw her resignation. Glorious.

...or it would have been, if they hadn't accepted it and kept her on. So close  :angry:

but you still get to experience the infinite pleasure of her now having to attend work in the certain knowledge that no-one but her lacky put in to her leaving collection and that 99% of you think she's an unsufferable bitch - that must be a real joy !

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

but you still get to experience the infinite pleasure of her now having to attend work in the certain knowledge that no-one but her lacky put in to her leaving collection and that 99% of you think she's an unsufferable bitch - that must be a real joy !

I think she has enough of a brass neck that it won't bother her TBH.

You surely don't tell your colleagues that you're actively looking to get them all fired, then go home wondering why they don't like you.

Got a member of management messaging me every 10 minutes asking for an update on what I’m doing as I’m working from home.

This is going to be a long day.

Just now, mizfit said:

Got a member of management messaging me every 10 minutes asking for an update on what I’m doing as I’m working from home.

Tell them to f**k off because you're trying to play Football Manager.

If it literally is every 10 minutes make a record of it as that could be perceived as harassment.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Reply - "Replying to your messages asking what I'm doing. What are you doing?"

Catch the dumb c**t in an infinite loop.

We had a piece of work to do following some exam results being released on Monday. The guy contacted our team five different times throughout Tuesday, each time cc’ing in someone more senior. He was asking for the world having the spreadsheet formatted the way he requested, easily a 10 hour job for one person. Just don’t think that these people understand that by continually pestering, it isn’t going to make me work any harder, more than likely the opposite tbh.

We had a piece of work to do following some exam results being released on Monday. The guy contacted our team five different times throughout Tuesday, each time cc’ing in someone more senior. He was asking for the world having the spreadsheet formatted the way he requested, easily a 10 hour job for one person. Just don’t think that these people understand that by continually pestering, it isn’t going to make me work any harder, more than likely the opposite tbh.

I’ve slowed my rate of work right down just for the constant pestering.

I work for a life insurance company and we deal with the first contact from clients, so unless we redirect the mail to our home, we have to be in the office. We started a job share at the start of the lockdown so I'm only in every second working day. I'm sharing the days with a woman who irritates the f**k out of me, so I'm actually enjoying going in, knowing she won't be there. I'm also finishing earlier since we've been told we can go once that day's mail has been processed. The latest I've been away has been 3 o'clock. And they've switched off the parking meters in Glasgow which means I can drive to work. I'm really going to miss it when everything gets back to normal.

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

I work for a life insurance company and we deal with the first contact from clients, so unless we redirect the mail to our home, we have to be in the office. We started a job share at the start of the lockdown so I'm only in every second working day. I'm sharing the days with a woman who irritates the f**k out of me, so I'm actually enjoying going in, knowing she won't be there. I'm also finishing earlier since we've been told we can go once that day's mail has been processed. The latest I've been away has been 3 o'clock. And they've switched off the parking meters in Glasgow which means I can drive to work. I'm really going to miss it when everything gets back to normal.

Life Insurance..

Hi there Mr Dave, I'd like to take out a policy please.

Name...it's conner, Frank conner

Full cover please

Thank You x

I’m in home insurance and I’m working from home. Quite surreal arguing with a customer whilst in your pyjamas and lying in bed.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it's entirely possible he's getting messages every five minutes from the tosspot he's cc'ing in..."Oi, cunto! Where that spreadsheet, you useless walloper?"

Either that, or he's just a micromanaging arsehole, and you should murder him forthwith. We'll give you an alibi.

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m a rent boy and I’m working from home. Quite surreal arguing with a customer whilst in your pyjamas and lying in bed.

FTFY

On 18/04/2020 at 14:08, Adam said:

Lockdown is hard for people whose job it is to go to lunch and send emails in between.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Lockdown is hard for people whose job it is to go to lunch and send emails in between.

It’s funny when you see email wars at work, my boss is really bad for this.

One ended up with another departments boss telling him that he was lying with a severe telt after he cc’d half the company when a part went out of stock.

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

9am on a monday and I'm being CC'd into an email chain that is just this on repeat:

Manager whose job is to send emails: "Hi Everyone I know COVID is slowing things down but I really think we need to have a meeting on [unimportant topic] can everyone tell me your availability this week"

Critically important attendee: "Because of COVID we can't devote any resource to this so won't be attending."

Manager whose job is to send emails: "Understood. I still think we should have a meeting so can you tell me if Thursday is any good."

Critically important attendee: "Again I must stress I will be doing zero work on this for the forseeable future."

Can't wait to sit in a totally pointless teleconference on Thursday

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I'm seeing that just now with our lot - the ones that seem to be struggling the worst are that tier of middle management whose working lives are structured round an endless series of meetings, emails and networking...which is essentially what you start calling talking to your pals once you get promoted to a certain level.

We've got one who is currently reduced to C&Ping and sending out the content of emails that everyone has already received once from the top management just to be seen to be doing something.

Edited by Hillonearth

Back to work after being shut down for three weeks. Hardly any customers to pester.me  due to covid 19 restrictions and the annoying upper management bassas in the office have been sent home for another 3 weeks.  Just us good guys cutting about now.  I could get used to this.

On 20/04/2020 at 09:17, Hillonearth said:

I'm seeing that just now with our lot - the ones that seem to be struggling the worst are that tier of middle management whose working lives are structured round an endless series of meetings, emails and networking...which is essentially what you start calling talking to your pals once you get promoted to a certain level.

We've got one who is currently reduced to C&Ping and sending out the content of emails that everyone has already received once from the top management just to be seen to be doing something.

That's half my work management/bum lickers anyway. Get the same email 4 times each with the email chain deleted so they look good/busy