Work colleagues

29 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Leaving do is this evening, I fully expect that I will be explaining what a "Pie & Bovril" is and then up before HR on Monday. 

As much laughter as her signature caused, she is a lovely woman. Gives up most of her weekends to help with the homeless, and was our go to person in the office for any mental health issues. 

She has just sent out her leaving email. 

God bless Milky Gem

Thanks

Kind Regards

All the best

xoxox

MG.png

Goodnight, Sweet Princess. x

Leaving do is this evening, I fully expect that I will be explaining what a "Pie & Bovril" is and then up before HR on Monday. 
As much laughter as her signature caused, she is a lovely woman. Gives up most of her weekends to help with the homeless, and was our go to person in the office for any mental health issues. 
God bless Milky Gem
Thanks
Kind Regards
All the best
xoxox

MG.png.1219e56464409e676682f32a1451ca82.png
What's the red bar about?

Milk levels?

Regards
Kind regards
Thanks
Best
Gemma
Gemm
G
Milky milky

@LondonHMFC ... I think Milky Gem is a rarity on P+B, as everyone is unanimous in agreeing that she sounds like a jolly good sort (apart from not understanding how email signatures work).  

Therefore, I think you should get her to sign up on P+B and she can see all the compliments that she has been paid. 

I will shower you with a thousand greenies if this happens. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

The whole reason we are even talking is because you've done exactly that more than once on this thread.
My point was - many people love their work, see it as an intrisic part of who they are and don't feel the need to have their coat on waiting for the bell to ring at 5pm.
You have no right to criticise them or their jobs just because you don't feel like that.
They arn't criticising you for that, they are criticising you because your posts make you sound like an asshole.

God bless Milky Gem

Thanks

Kind Regards

All the best

xoxox

MG.png.1219e56464409e676682f32a1451ca82.png

I hope you are printing out all of the posts from P&B and giving them to Gem as a leaving present.

She is going to be missed greatly.

[mention=71976]LondonHMFC[/mention] ... I think Milky Gem is a rarity on P+B, as everyone is unanimous in agreeing that she sounds like a jolly good sort (apart from not understanding how email signatures work).  
Therefore, I think you should get her to sign up on P+B and she can see all the compliments that she has been paid. 
I will shower you with a thousand greenies if this happens. 
Agreed. Milky Gem is one of the few feel good tales on P&B. I wish her nothing but happiness and suspect I will.become slightly more hateful now that she is gone.

I echo Adam's hope that she reappears at someone on heres workplace.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I didn't say it was.

I said failing to stand up for yourself when asked to work for free against your will was a weakness.

Hang on. So folk should stand up for themselves if they don't want to work outside their hours, otherwise they're weak. But to only work within their contract or look forward to not being at work means that folk are by definition miserable, and by extension, also weak? I might be new here but I'm starting to see why folk think you're a bit of a minter m8.  It really sounds like you struggle to cope with other people having a different outlook on things

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

People are allowed to disagree. It's called adulthood. Come back when you become mature enough to take part as an adult.

Again, disagreeing is absolutely fine. But try to be consistent when you do, and don't turn to insults when people point out that you're not. Happy to help 

Has the subject of radge screensavers been discussed in this thread?

There's a middle aged woman in my work who is constantly rotating between very aggressive pro-mental health slogans ("I don't look sick?! You don't look stupid!") gym photos of her roided up bf, and the sort of memes your auntie posts on facebook (two minions with their arms crossed and a slogan like "Smacking kids isn't child abuse!"). I honestly don't get the appeal at all. 

Any other P+Bers seeing this weird display in their workplaces or are you in set desktop scenes?