Work colleagues

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is it bad that every time I see a blind person with a guide dog I think to myself "I wish I was blind"? Sure, not being able to see would be a bit shite, but I'd probably get put onto some easy as f**k job at my work for similar pay as I'm on now, I'd get a smart as f**k dug and probably loads of fanny coz bitches love dugs.

The staff at our work do exactly the same job as anyone else can - its not a barrier or an excuse to be dumped in an "easy" job.

The dogs are incredible though. You can take on training them if you want a clever dog?

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd probably be suicidal if I lost my sight. I've often thought being deaf would have some advantages though. Not having to listen to people's shite and getting uninterrupted sleep being two massive plusses.

When you're blind everybody becomes a wid. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

The staff at our work do exactly the same job as anyone else can - its not a barrier or an excuse to be dumped in an "easy" job.

The dogs are incredible though. You can take on training them if you want a clever dog?

The nature of my work I'd probably struggle to carry on the same job and my work have previous for assisting folk who develop a disability. I didn't mean to suggest that blind people were somehow work-shy, it's just me that's work-shy.

I couldn't give the dugs back if I got them for training.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The nature of my work I'd probably struggle to carry on the same job and my work have previous for assisting folk who develop a disability. I didn't mean to suggest that blind people were somehow work-shy, it's just me that's work-shy.

I couldn't give the dugs back if I got them for training.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh :) Aye if you're a bus driver, heart surgeon or polis you probably would have to give it up. 

I would be the same not sure I could hand them back - you can get retired guide dogs as well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd probably be suicidal if I lost my sight. I've often thought being deaf would have some advantages though. Not having to listen to people's shite and getting uninterrupted sleep being two massive plusses.

Being both blind & deaf would have to be the most boring existence available for any poor soul who happens to be in that condition, at least having one out of the two will allow you be able to participate in some things.

[emoji38]
At least there's always P&B.
My mum ended up in mental hospital because ( in short ) a staff member in the charity shop that my mum volunteered in was stealing clothes and then ending up on selling them on. Going through the process ended up taking a toll on mum and aye.

Horrid place to work in she felt.

Since the subject of guide dogs has come up...

This is Alfie, a guide dog whose training I've been helping to sponsor for the past two years. He has now been matched with an owner for a compatibility trial and assuming all goes well he'll be the owner's permanent dog from now on.

Alfie 4.jpg

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This is Alfie, a guide dog whose training I've been helping to sponsor for the past two years. He has now been matched with an owner for a compatibility trial and assuming all goes well he'll be the owner's permanent dog from now on.

Alfie 4.jpg

What a magnificent looking beast. 

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Alfie 4.jpg

Another reason why dogs are better than cats.  Can you imagine a guide cat?  Sitting at pedestrian crossings waiting for an approaching lorry like "On you go, Mabel, don't wait for me, i'll be over in a minute"

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Alfie 4.jpg

Looking great! Will let you know if he becomes a colleague of mine!

Without wanting to divert the thread too much, when I was a kid we used to puppy walk guide dogs. Great until you have to give them back of course. However, we also got first dibs on adopting one who failed guide dog school cos of a medical condition. 

Later on, my dad used to foster guide dogs, when their owners went into hospital / on holiday etc. You get a cracking well-behaved dog to hang about with for a couple of weeks. And usually, when the guide dog retires (at usually 9 or 10), you then get the option to have them permanently. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is it bad that every time I see a blind person with a guide dog I think to myself "I wish I was blind"? Sure, not being able to see would be a bit shite, but I'd probably get put onto some easy as f**k job at my work for similar pay as I'm on now, I'd get a smart as f**k dug and probably loads of fanny coz bitches love dugs.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anybody who has all their faculties and senses but thinks they'd be better off without one needs their f****** heads looked.

6 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Being both blind & deaf would have to be the most boring existence available for any poor soul who happens to be in that condition, at least having one out of the two will allow you be able to participate in some things.

My aunt and uncle used to foster a girl who was blind, deaf and couldn't walk. She spent her days on a foot stool in the kitchen.

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

My aunt and uncle used to foster a girl who was blind, deaf and couldn't walk. She spent her days on a foot stool in the kitchen.

Surely had a wheelchair for her at least or have I just had a plane zoom right over my heid? 😄😃

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I thought bitches love Chivalry?

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Another reason why dogs are better than cats.  Can you imagine a guide cat?  Sitting at pedestrian crossings waiting for an approaching lorry like "On you go, Mabel, don't wait for me, i'll be over in a minute"

What way did Mabel vote in the 2 referendums?