Work colleagues

Mind the guy who slept in and missed the flight to Vegas? Apparently he's getting the dolt due to the company basically not being able to afford to pay his sick leave and pay for his replacement too

Kind of makes sense, it's a small firm and its all hands to the pump there and in effect they're paying for 2 people to do the one role. Well one and a half as I believe sick pay is shite? 

Anyway the guy has barely been in since it happened in January and its finally reached the point where the boss is needing to cut his losses. 

I don't work there anymore btw, this has come from a former colleague there. 

You’d think, working at a defined “Christian School” we’d have a load of stuff planned for next week.
Nope
Nada
Not even allowed to have any “decorations” in my room.
I’m a bit confused here, you’d think it would be a highlight.
Oh, but wait, we have a staff “spirit week” so Monday is ugly sweaters, Tuesday is more shite like that......

You’d think, working at a defined “Christian School” we’d have a load of stuff planned for next week.
Nope
Nada
Not even allowed to have any “decorations” in my room.
I’m a bit confused here, you’d think it would be a highlight.
Oh, but wait, we have a staff “spirit week” so Monday is ugly sweaters, Tuesday is more shite like that......
Ugly sweaters?

Horrific club photos thread for that.

One of my colleagues (the one who didn't know what the Arab Spring was despite being married to a Libyan) just defended Chris Brown as Rihanna "looks like the sort that is probably asking for it". The colleague in question is herself a victim of domestic abuse.

In other, more delightful, news there will be no Christmas night out this year.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

One of my colleagues (the one who didn't know what the Arab Spring was despite being married to a Libyan) just defended Chris Brown as Rihanna "looks like the sort that is probably asking for it". The colleague in question is herself a victim of domestic abuse.

"Were you asking for it too? You look like the type, TBH."

They've already cancelled Christmas; what's the worst HR could do to you?

In my office, we get Christmas day and Boxing day off and the rest is up to each individual what time off they take. We also finish at lunchtime on Christmas eve. One woman is off this Friday and Monday and also the 27th. But she's coming in on Christmas eve because we finish early and doesn't want to waste a days leave on an early finish day. I find it very odd that she's giving up a clear ten day holiday to work one day purely because we finish early. It's not even as if she has no leave left as she's taking her last day off on Wednesday with no plans of what to with it. Anyone else feel this strange behaviour?