Work colleagues

43 minutes ago, philpy said:

FFS, here we go again. He was in no fit state to go to work, he even admitted that this morning. He'd got in that much of a state that he'd actually forgotten he was meant to be working Saturday. When he seen me coming into the car park at the shop, he's went into autopilot, thinking for some reason I was there to pick him up, which wasn't the case as I get him about a mile down the road. I didn't tell the boss any lies, I just never mentioned that I saw him, and was never even asked if I saw him. He was very apologetic about his actions, and rather embarrassed. He got a slap on the wrist.

Let it go. these guys are just Image result for images of shit stirring

FFS, here we go again. He was in no fit state to go to work, he even admitted that this morning. He'd got in that much of a state that he'd actually forgotten he was meant to be working Saturday. When he seen me coming into the car park at the shop, he's went into autopilot, thinking for some reason I was there to pick him up, which wasn't the case as I get him about a mile down the road. I didn't tell the boss any lies, I just never mentioned that I saw him, and was never even asked if I saw him. He was very apologetic about his actions, and rather embarrassed. He got a slap on the wrist.

I think you should reimburse him the OT he missed out on tbqhwy, Philpy.

On 26/09/2019 at 18:30, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 26/09/2019 at 17:29, Torpar said:
Our office has had a "dress for your day" policy for a while now. So a lot of the men go with a business casual look, jeans and t shirt or trousers and polo shirt. There is one roaster from another floor though who frequently wears shorts, today he's taken it to new levels of roaster-dom and paired his shorts with leather sandals.   

Nothing wrong with shorts in the office.

100% this. I wear shorts to work (in an office) most days from about April to September.

On 27/09/2019 at 12:19, MONKMAN said:

What kind of utter weirdo wouldn’t want to take their holiday entitlement?

There's a boy in my team at work that takes about 1 week of holiday a year. He also made a point of telling us that he hadn't worked at all this weekend when he got in to the office this morning. I don't understand how anyone lives their lives working that much, the company will never give you the same commitment back.

There's a boy in my team at work that takes about 1 week of holiday a year. He also made a point of telling us that he hadn't worked at all this weekend when he got in to the office this morning. I don't understand how anyone lives their lives working that much, the company will never give you the same commitment back.
I'm gonna guess the guy has shit going on his life where he just prefers to work ? If its not harming anyone else I dont see an issue with it. Even if he is just a weirdo then so f**k.

Just back from Holiday and the guy who was meant to be picking up my work was off ill, so instead of maybe getting another member of staff to fill in for me they decided to leave half my work for me to come back to.

So I'm a week behind in terms of cases and what not.

not the first time this has happened to me either.

Genuinely feel like I'm being punished for being on holiday

Some random woman cc'd our organisation's main shared email inbox to an email she sent to a woman who is employed by us last night.  In the email, the random describes how she is aware that she is shagging her husband, and in doing so, also cheating on her own husband with whom she has two children.
Copied us in to let us know what the woman is like, and that we should be investigating her.
It is being passed around the office quicker than a scudbook was at school.

Right, your audience awaits...

so, got into our office today. I live and work down in England. I sometimes go into a network office at a depot near home as normally I'm out visiting customers so when I come into our depot no one has their own desk..you just grab whatever is free and people from various other offices/areas come and go depending on meetings etc.

Anyway, I had one eye on the Scotland rugby game, few folk also watching the score on BBC. 

Theres a lad from our accounts department here today working about 4 desks away from me.   He's never down here so its unusual to see him and he's not one of the 'regulars' in this office(most of the usual guys are sound).   He's a wee bloke, bit of a nerd, can imagine him playing Dungeons and Dragons at the weekend and hes the type who always has to make a 'funny' comment about everything and witters on to anyone who he gets the attention of.  Colin Hunt type guy...

On seeing the Scotland score he proclaims to the office "oh i see the jocks are finally managing to get somewhere in Japan".  The use of the word 'Jock' had already got my attention but I had my back to him so I've carried it on working and ignored it.

He then continues with "oooh 49-0, I don't think Scottish folk can count that high though".  Theres been a bit of a giggle in the office, I've swung round and said in my best Begbie accent "do ye want to repeat that I didnae quite hear it?" although I was smiling so it could still be seen as banter.  He's continued by saying "yeah well you're not the brightest lot up there are you?", and I've responded(again jokingly and I'm cringing about saying it)  with "i can show you how bright we are in the car park if you want".

I appreciate folk will think i'm making this up but its genuiely just happened this morning.   Some office lass who was listening to it all has come up to me and said "you better be careful, he'll go to HR and say you threatened him".  So yeah thats been my morning.

so, got into our office today. I live and work down in England. I sometimes go into a network office at a depot near home as normally I'm out visiting customers so when I come into our depot no one has their own desk..you just grab whatever is free and people from various other offices/areas come and go depending on meetings etc.
Anyway, I had one eye on the Scotland rugby game, few folk also watching the score on BBC. 
Theres a lad from our accounts department here today working about 4 desks away from me.   He's never down here so its unusual to see him and he's not one of the 'regulars' in this office(most of the usual guys are sound).   He's a wee bloke, bit of a nerd, can imagine him playing Dungeons and Dragons at the weekend and hes the type who always has to make a 'funny' comment about everything and witters on to anyone who he gets the attention of.  Colin Hunt type guy...
On seeing the Scotland score he proclaims to the office "oh i see the jocks are finally managing to get somewhere in Japan".  The use of the word 'Jock' had already got my attention but I had my back to him so I've carried it on working and ignored it.
He then continues with "oooh 49-0, I don't think Scottish folk can count that high though".  Theres been a bit of a giggle in the office, I've swung round and said in my best Begbie accent "do ye want to repeat that I didnae quite hear it?" although I was smiling so it could still be seen as banter.  He's continued by saying "yeah well you're not the brightest lot up there are you?", and I've responded(again jokingly and I'm cringing about saying it)  with "i can show you how bright we are in the car park if you want".
I appreciate folk will think i'm making this up but its genuiely just happened this morning.   Some office lass who was listening to it all has come up to me and said "you better be careful, he'll go to HR and say you threatened him".  So yeah thats been my morning.

Shat it

9 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

^^^bottle crashed.

Were you able to count up to the number of broken pieces?

I used to live down in England and although I never had any incidents such as that I did get loads of wee jibes such as that on separate occasions from different people.

It was always meant as a joke but definitely happened enough from enough different people to feel like they do love feeling superior to us.

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I used to live down in England and although I never had any incidents such as that I did get loads of wee jibes such as that on separate occasions from different people.

It was always meant as a joke but definitely happened enough from enough different people to feel like they do love feeling superior to us.

yeah man, that pretty much sums it up.   99% of the English guys I work with are sound, and some are in fact supportive of Scotland when it comes to Sport...which I actually struggle with because I love it when England beat.    One English guy was getting really excited about the Rugby result earlier and seemed quite disappointed when I told him although I was looking at the score I couldnt care less. 

My missus always reminds of me of the Scotland 1-0 France game when I was in a pub.  I'd just moved down here.  I think England must've been playing at the same time as I didnt watch the Scotland match live  (could be wrong though), and I'm sure the score came up on the screen and everyone cheered... but typical Scottish my response to her later was "aye only cos you lot think hating the French as a bigger thing and we're insignificant to youse" - I couldnt even see the positive in the situation(apart from the pint someone bought me)

But yeah most of the time its fine..although walking into the office recently after the Kazakstan game wasn't fun.